EWB's Favourite Actors 2010 - Voting Thread

Jimmy

I was gonna mention Seven to totally destroy your arguement but yes, lets not go back down that route, in this thread at least.

I actually came here to say god damn it, I totally forgot to list Tim Roth and now I don't know who to replace with him.

I was gonna mention Seven to totally destroy your arguement but yes, lets not go back down that route, in this thread at least.

I actually came here to say god damn it, I totally forgot to list Tim Roth and now I don't know who to replace with him.

Anyone. Tim Roth is god.

God, picking a one is extremely fucking difficult. So I'll go with favorite actors from like late 2009.

1. Donald Glover

2. Peter Capaldi

3. Paul Rudd

4. Simon Pegg

5. Michael Jai White

6. James Gandolfini

7. Kevin Spacey

8. J.K. Simmons

9. Seth Rogen

10. Christophe Waltz

Stuck to people who are still alive, which cuts out most of my favourite actors, come to think of it....

1. Takeshi Kitano/Beat Takeshi

2. Bill Murray

3. Peter O'Toole

4. Christopher Walken

5. Dustin Hoffman

6. Al Pacino

7. Anthony Hopkins

8. Robert DeNiro

9. Jack Nicholson

10. Ian McKellen

All votes counted up so far. We have a top 44. I'll leave voting open for longer, obviously. But it's not a bad list, so far. If anyone changes their votes, please let me know. Annnnd yeah, this should be fun.

Sidenote - Tkz. Your list was meant to have Gary Oldman getting the 10 points, right?

Skummy knows where it's at with Takeshi Kitano.

Weirdly he's also on loads of TV over here and is one of the three biggest TV names I'd say. He's the face of one of the networks and so hosts loads of their variety show style programmes.

He's also the face of the ECC English schools which my friends work for.

Yeah, I've seen a fair bit of Takeshi's more light entertainment-y stuff. I think it's brilliant that somebody can have such a twin role in the entertainment industries, I doubt you'd ever see it in "the West", it would be like Friday Night With David Lynch or something....

As for actors being alive, I kind of self-imposed that, to be honest, largely to give anyone I voted for any chance of making the list - most of my all-time favourite actors nobody else voted for, and Peter O'Toole can still fill the Oliver Reed/Richard Burton drunk and classically trained bill.

Edited by Skummy

So, do they have to be still living? Because that kind of sucks if they do...

10. Kathy Bates

I've always been a big fan of hers. She adds that much more to any movie she's in. She's always a bright spot.

2010 Credits: Harry's Law, Valentine's Day, The Office (4 episodes), Earthbound (unreleased), You May Not Kiss The Bride (unreleased)

9. Alec Baldwinn

Funny, funny guy. He was good in It's Complicated as a comedy actor and really good in the drama My Sister's Keeper.

2010 Credits: 30 Rock (22 episodes)

8. Michael Sheen

What an actor. Frost/Nixon, The Queen and A Special Relationship were all terrific because of his acting. Too bad everyone else gets the Oscar nominations.

2010 Credits: Unthinkable, Alice In Wonderland, The Special Relationship, Wesley (2 episodes), 30 Rock (2 episodes), Tinker Bell and The Great Fairy Rescue, Beautiful Boy (unreleased), TRON: Legacy (unreleased)

7. Edie Falco

He work on Nurse Jackie has made me appreciate that show and want tot follow it much more than I would have otherwise. She has perfect chemistry with every other cast member.

2010 Credits: Nurse Jackie (12 episodes), 3 Backyards

6. Meryl Streep

Never been a *huge* fan of hers, but you cannot deny her talent. Doubt was terrific, Julie & Julia was really good, and I completely loved It's Complicated, which says a lot about her talent when I start liking a chick flick.

2010 Credits: n/a

5. Kate Winslet

One of the best actresses of our time. She fascinates me everytime. I can watch Revolutionary Road over and over because of hers and Leo's acting.

2010 Credits: Mildred Pierce (??? episodes)

4. Betty White

I've loved this woman ever since Golden Girls, and I am loving her career ressurgence as of late. She is a terrific comedic genius!

2010 Credits: Storyline Online (1 epsiode), The Middle (1 episode), Otrovsky (8 episodes), Hot In Cleveland (10 episodes), Community (1 episode), You Again

3. Brad Pitt

He is always watchable. From comedy to action to drama. Just awesome.

2010 Credits: Tree Of Life (unreleased), Megamind (unreleased)

2. Angelina Jolie

My favorite actress forever and always. Not only is she gorgeous, but she can ACT. I haven't seen Salt yet, but I can't wait!

2010 Credits: Salt, The Tourist (unreleased)

1. Leonardo DiCaprio

By far the best actor of our generation right now. Shutter Island was my favorite movie of the year, and I'm hoping for an Oscar nomination for this one.

2010 Credits: Shutter Island, Inception

They do not.

Cool. I'm off to work now, but I should have mine up tonight around 10/11pm UK time if that's okay?

Wow. EWB's taste really leans towards people who are alive and male centered. Seriously, out of the last 5 or 6 lists posted only two of them had women in them and one of those only had one...

1. Charlie Chaplin

2. Judy Garland

3. Meryl Streep

4. Harrison Ford

5. Audrey Hepburn

6. Philip Seymour Hoffman

7. Bill Murray

8. Juliana Moore

9. Brad Pitt

10. Kate Winslet

Chaplin's best performance was the Tramp in City Lights.

Garland's best performance was Dorothy in Oz.

Streep's best performance was in Adaptation as Susan Orlean.

Ford's best performance was in the Star Wars Trilogy as Hans Solo.

Hepburn's best performance was Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Hoffman's best performance was Phil Pharma in Magnolia.

Murray's best performance was Herman Blume in Rushmore.

Moore's best performance was Charlotte in A Single Man

Pitt's best performance was Chad Feldheimer in Burn After Reading.

Winslet's best performance was Clementine Kruczynski in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.