EWB's 51 Favourite Actors 2010

Jimmy

To be honest, I don't any of us will be praising Statham for his acting skills any time soon... he just has this appeal about it.

And Paul Rudd :wub:. Not going to lie, probable man-crush. I've enjoyed most of the films he's been in, or at least his roles, starting with his role in Friends. I Love You, Man is one of my favourite films, and I loves his character Kunu/Chuck the stoner-surfer in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. He just seems like a cool guy who you could be friends with.

Bill Murray is a fantastic man and I do believe he deserves to be somewhere on here, but I'd wage more on the lower side of the Top 50. Bruce Willis is a great man, but I wouldn't put him on here. Sam Rockwell is fan-fucking-tastic and I'd wager he should be lower on the list, but at least he'd be on it. Patrick Stewart is a good man, but I wouldn't put him on the list. Jim Carrey is very hit and miss with me. When he's on, he's on, but when he's not that prevents me from letting up and putting him on the list.

Meryl Streep is the first person that I voted on to make it to the list, I think. I dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing considering she's pretty high on the list. She broke into the Top 25, and very much deservedly so. I'd maybe rank her a bit higher, but glad she's in. Clint Eastwood totally deserves a spot on this list and is a marvelous man. Christopher Walken is an interesting inclusion. There's no doubt about it that he's in, but it can be argued that given his mystique when it comes to the running joke he's become off-camera, there's a sort of bias as to him being on the list. He should definitely be in a Top 100, but not sure on a Top 50. Jason Statham is a fine man and all, but he should not be anywhere near a Top Actors list. Paul Rudd is my man-crush. He is a lovable man and all, but no, not Top 50 worthy.

Cillian Murphy is pretty damn good, and much like some other entries before him, one day, if he remains consistent, he'll be considered for a spot in the Top 50, but not right now. Anthony Hopkins deserves to be on this list, and his spot is perfect for him. Kevin Spacey is a lot like Jim Carrey in the "when he's on, he's on" department, but I don't know if I'd include him on the list. If I would he'd be near the bottom. As for Edward Norton... Look, I have nothing against the guy. I think he can put on an able performance, but he doesn't belong on here, never mind the high spot he's been given. Philip Seymour Hoffman, however, has become one of my favorites of recent memory. He can totally put on a fantastic performance. I'd say as of right now he should be a little lower on the list, but there's nothing stopping him from shooting for the Top 10.

Anyone who voted for Norton should have their balls trapped in a vice. Guy sucks the energy out of everything that isn't Fight Club and American History X, and those are only saved thanks to the combination of Pitt, Leto, Meatloaf and Bonham-Carter in the former and the script to end all scripts in the latter.

Bonham-Carter is average at best, downright unwatchable at worst, but she's wonderful in Fight Club. As is, y'know, everyone. I mean, christ, Jared Leto is pretty much a ballbag, but Angel Face is one of the best minor characters in Fight Club.

Anyone who voted for Norton should have their balls trapped in a vice. Guy sucks the energy out of everything that isn't Fight Club and American History X, and those are only saved thanks to the combination of Pitt, Leto, Meatloaf and Bonham-Carter in the former and the script to end all scripts in the latter.

I'm sure Norton's a nice guy and it's great that he tries to support things he believes in and etc., but he is extremely bland. On the other hand, he was in Fight Club and there's less reasons to resent him then there are to resent Brad Pitt, so I understand why he's on a list like this despite his lack of talent or any unique characteristics.

I'm sure Norton's a nice guy and it's great that he tries to support things he believes in and etc., but he is extremely bland. On the other hand, he was in Fight Club and there's less reasons to resent him then there are to resent Brad Pitt, so I understand why he's on a list like this despite his lack of talent or any unique characteristics.

Are you talking about the same Brad Pitt who appeared in Inglourious Basterds, Burn After Reading, Fight Club, Ocean's Eleven, Snatch, 12 Monkeys, The Assassination Of Jesse James and Benjamin Button? Y'know, the Brad Pitt who's one of the most talented actors of this generation?

Anyone who rates Ed Norton above Brad Pitt is a dullard. Forget about ballparks, they're not even in the same sport.

• Like 3