EWB's 51 Favourite Actors 2010

Jimmy

Kathy Bates is deserving of her spot. Seth Rogen doesn't belong in a Top 50 anything (nothing against him, he just doesn't belong here.) Terry O'Quinn is good, don't know about Top 50. Tom Cruise can be alright when he wants to be, I wouldn't have put him in the Top 50, but I can see how others might. NPH is wonderful. Angelina Jolie is a little overrated, but, like Tom Cruise she can put on a capable performance.

I dunno if I'd put Denzel on this list, but he fits into the Cruise/Jolie criteria. I can see Liam Neeson being part of the Top 50. Good position for him. Colin Farrell deserves praise for ably performing, but I don't know about putting him in a Top 50. Cate Blanchett has some serious chops, and probably belongs here. Maybe a little lower. John Cusack is capable, but not Top 50. Tim Roth is a wonderful wonderful man.

He made a few great movies in the last decade, but by and far he made more forgettable shit than good shit. The Inside Man and Man On Fire, and maybe The Book Of Eli, are his great roles with superb acting in the last 10 years, but so many other movies he made were just going through the motions crap. Deja Vu? He and Nic Cage went from Oscar worthy performances to total crap in the last ten years, but Denzell was once such a great actor.

That section is just pure, unadulterated sexiness. Alan Rickman improves every single damn thing he's in, Daniel Day Lewis is a phenomenal actor, as is Martin Sheen and James Stewart is a legend. Plus, from what little of his work I've seen, I like Takeshi Kitano. WIN.

He made a few great movies in the last decade, but by and far he made more forgettable shit than good shit. The Inside Man and Man On Fire, and maybe The Book Of Eli, are his great roles with superb acting in the last 10 years, but so many other movies he made were just going through the motions crap. Deja Vu? He and Nic Cage went from Oscar worthy performances to total crap in the last ten years, but Denzell was once such a great actor.

You don't rate Training Day?

Takeshi and, to a lesser extent, Alan Rickman, means that this is the best part of the list. Couldn't care less about the rest.

Don't you dare hate on James Stewart. Don't you even dare.

Best section of this countdown thusfar, honestly it'll be hard to top it for me.

Alan Rickman is a wonderful man. Daniel Day Lewis deserves his the spot he got, probably higher. Takeshi Kitano is pretty damn wonderful. Martin Sheen is good, but I wouldn't put him in the Top 50. And James Stewart belongs way higher on the list.

I'm not hating on anyone, I just don't really know his work beyond The Man Who Knew Too Much. Farrell, Cruise and Jolie are the only ones to have made the list that I actively dislike, anyone I haven't mentioned is more because I don't really know them than anything else.