EWB's 51 Favourite Actors 2010

Jimmy

'She's trying to cover up, but I've seen everything'

:wub:

EDIT: To add more to this, I also really like Jim Carrey. I understand why some people will not like him, but I've always found him funny to a degree, and his acting in his straight roles has been good.

Edited by Liam

Guest JukeboxHero

I will not hear a bad word about Hugh Laurie's work on 'House'. He's so very underrated. Dr. House is one of the most interesting and complex characters on TV today and Hugh makes it work awesomely. I dare say Hugh Laurie made complex characters cool.

• Like 1

House has good lines, and Hugh Laurie plays it brilliantly, but the show is complete bollocks. The fact that his boss would let him do any-fucking-thing to his patients, and yet still not be fired is complete rubbish. This is only one of the million of complaints I have for this show.

You wanna' see a great medical TV show? Watch ER.

Plus the fact that he is the best doctor in the hospital gives him a bit more leeway anyway.

The list looks fine so far, a couple of people I have no real opinion on and a couple I dislike( Angelina Jolie, but probably more because I'm not interested in any movie she's in than her acting being terrible), but other than that, pretty great.

ER is about the most bollocks medical drama this side of "Doctors", and I've never even seen House.

Indifferent to Hugh Laurie, as I've not really seen anything post-Blackadder and Fry & Laurie so I only really know him as a posh bumbling fool, not SERIOUS ACTOR. Matt Damon is bollocks. Will Smith is fucking terrible - scenery-chewing, sickly sweet displays of emotion, and just generally fucking dreadful.

Don't know who Gordon-Lovitt is.

Only seen Michael Sheen in Frost/Nixon, which obviously was very good.

Bill Murray, actually brilliant. One of my favourites. Bruce Willis is good at what he does. I don't know who Sam Rockwell is. Patrick Stewart is marvellous. Jim Carrey is cringeworthy, but he was incredible in Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, which only makes it sadder that he actually is a good actor who just gets bloody horrible comedy films.

I can totally see the appeal of Rudd. He's my favourite comedy actor. He's hilarious, coupled with the fact his instant likeability and charm. I knew some would find him far too high - but I think he's awesome.

Just not quite awesome enough to make my list. :shifty:

21. Jason Stathem

(28 Points)

jason-statham-could-kick-your-ass.jpg

There is something fucking wrong with you people.

My name is Turkish. Funny name for an Englishman, I know. My parents to be were on the same plane when it crashed. That's how they met. They named me after the name of the plane. Not many people are named after a plane crash. That's Tommy. He tells people he was named after a gun, but I know he was really named after a famous 19th century ballet dancer.

• Like 2