Best Pixar film

Liam

Best film made by Pixar?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite Pixar film?

• Toy Story
    • A Bug's Life
    • Toy Story 2
    • Monsters Inc.
    • Finding Nemo
    • Cars
    • Ratatouille
    • WALL-E
    • Up
    • Toy Story 3

Went with Toy Story, but Liam, you need to learn you some taste. Brad Bird is an amazing director and The Incredibles is so over and above a generic family movie like Cars.

Also I still don't get why people like Up so much. It just doesn't work for me. It's so cloying and manipulative in its first act and so bizarre and kid-friendly in the final act; it's just structured in a weird way and I don't think it's a very good film, even if it has some good gags.

Meh, I went to see The Incredibles at the cinema and was massively underwhelmed. Cars and Ratatouille were ok, but there wasn't any expectation for me.

Although when I did watch The Incredibles a 2nd time, I enjoyed it. Admittedly, I still stand by the fact that no-one would have voted for it based on what people were saying >_>

The Incredibles not being included is a crime (you should leave Cars off the list - you should always leave Cars off the list.) And Ratatouille is far better than people are making it out to be - the extended metaphor of the artist as a rat is fantastic.

Ultimately, for me, it's WALL-E. It's the most visually stunning, the most unique plot (which is saying a lot), manages to make you care deeply about robots, and tells the first 45 minutes of the story without needing to say a single word. That film is a phenomenal cinematic feat by any measure.

Yeah, leaving Cars in and taking out The Incredibles is a crime in 37 states.

But yeah, Toy Story 3 gets my vote. I cried. A lot. I never cry at movies, but something about Toy Story 3 was like a vice grip around my heart.

I was on the brink of letting out a few tears when...

...when the whole gang was going down that thrash burner thingie. Luckiy, THE CLAW was there to save them.

Also, the machine, I like how you uplift The Incredibles as an incredible movie and then immediately go on to diss Up.

Meh, I went to see The Incredibles at the cinema and was massively underwhelmed. Cars and Ratatouille were ok, but there wasn't any expectation for me.

Although when I did watch The Incredibles a 2nd time, I enjoyed it. Admittedly, I still stand by the fact that no-one would have voted for it based on what people were saying >_>

Liam, no one voted for Cars. There is a reason for that.

I'm pretty sure there's a good number of people who woul have rather have voted Incredibles than Cars, A Bug's Life and Finding Nemo.

• Like 1

Liam, no one voted for Cars. There is a reason for that.

I'm pretty sure there's a good number of people who woul have rather have voted Incredibles than Cars, A Bug's Life and Finding Nemo.

No one? :shifty:

Exactly, at the moment Cars has got precisely 1 more vote than The Incredibles seemingly would have got since none of you have said you would have voted it 1st over the other films so blah on you all :P

And as for Toy Story 3, yeah, I also got misty eyed at the point mentioned. Totally got me going.

I'm glad Monsters Inc. is getting some votes, that film is probably my girlfriend's favourite, and is one of the funniest of the lot, probably.

Edited by Liam

I wanted to vote Toy Story, but I don't think it has aged well. Great movie when it first came out, but it is very much dated now, where as the best animation films still live up to great standards in this day and age (see: Porco Rosso).

I voted for Monsters Inc. which is very good. Everything else I struggle to watch through, since there are always things which get on my nerve when it comes to the animation.

And because I am a hypocrite, I am off to a masterclass with one of Pixar's lead animators in 2 weeks time :D

Monsters Inc. is the best Pixar film ever made. It's hilarious and yet still has the emotional level that Pixar are known for. After that my list will always differ but Rattatouille was just slightly above horrible and is the only Pixar film I've fallen asleep in.

I also refuse to watch Cars.

See, EddieG is the only one who liked Cars, so yeah.

everybody who disses ratatouille is a cunt and is getting put on my blacklist.

This, this, oh god this. It's such a great little movie--not a sweeping epic story like a lot of Pixar's other stuff, but a great story told beautifully. Maybe I prefer it because it's about the arts, but I'd have a hard time not ranking it in Pixar's two or three best.

The question's up in the air for me depending on the day. I voted for Ratatouille because you guys are douchebags about it, but I could've easily gone with WALL-E for being the best made of all of them. Or Monsters Inc. for having a truly creative premise and staying true to itself from start to finish. Or the original Toy Story just for Buzz Lightyear's entire character arc--the scene where he watches the commercial for himself has to rank among the best I've ever seen. Or The Incredibles. ( <_< )

I feel like I can't vote on this yet as I haven't seen Toy Story 3. However, I have seen all the other ones and while I do rank Cars as the weakest of them all, I wouldn't say it's bad or anything. The Incredibles would be right up there with the best for me, as would Toy Story, WALL-E, Ratatouille, and Finding Nemo. However, as of right now, Up is leading the pack for me. Let's see if Toy Story 3 can top it.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to go with Finding Nemo as I feel its one of the greatest movies EVER!!

Then I wouoldve voted for Ratatouille, as I thought it was awesome, maybe because I am a chef myself I am a little biased about it.. but I loved. Oh and I wouldve loved to see the Incredibles on the list as I find it to cool as hell.

Never been a massive fan of the Toy Story films to be honest. I voted Finding Nemo but it was very close between that and Monsters Inc., would loved to have seen the incredibles on here as I'm a massive fan of that film. But yeah, in the grand scheme of things I feel Nemo is the best animated and has the best story and blend of comedy and emotion. Phenomenal Movie.