The Scottish Football thread

METALMAN

On 21/12/2023 at 06:23, METALMAN said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67740071

This is why we love Scottish football.

Derek Adams has been the most entertaining thing in Scottish football this season. Crazy thing is that he is now saying he didn't do his research before taking the job and regrets taking over. He's only been a player and manager there multiple times, how can you not know the difficulty of managing Ross County? Looking for the sack and pay-off.

In other news, Queen's Park have had an abysmal season and were flirting with relegation after almost running away with the Championship last year. Thankfully they have sacked the Dutch fellas who had no idea what they were doing and Callum Davidson's taken over, with an immediate improvement. Feels weird following all the drama from so far away.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, The Kraig said:

Derek Adams has been the most entertaining thing in Scottish football this season. Crazy thing is that he is now saying he didn't do his research before taking the job and regrets taking over. He's only been a player and manager there multiple times, how can you not know the difficulty of managing Ross County? Looking for the sack and pay-off.

In other news, Queen's Park have had an abysmal season and were flirting with relegation after almost running away with the Championship last year. Thankfully they have sacked the Dutch fellas who had no idea what they were doing and Callum Davidson's taken over, with an immediate improvement. Feels weird following all the drama from so far away.

He’s an absolute lying fanny too. League Two is absolutely rotten, wouldn’t see anyone in League Two beating Eintracht Frankfurt. Sooner he’s gone the better for Scottish football. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is how I learned Neil Warnock has a house in Scotland.

Although it's still on the other side of Scotland to where his new job is.

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

This is how I learned Neil Warnock has a house in Scotland.

Although it's still on the other side of Scotland to where his new job is.

I like to think that Warnock keeps houses up and down the UK just so it's easy to settle into whichever job he has next.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, FestiveJack said:

I like to think that Warnock keeps houses up and down the UK just so it's easy to settle into whichever job he has next.

Makes more money from Airbnb than football, no doubt.

On 05/02/2024 at 14:09, FestiveJack said:

He used to take his team up to play Greenock Morton cause he liked the place. 😂

• Haha 1

On 10/02/2024 at 12:41, Captain Kirk said:

He used to take his team up to play Greenock Morton cause he liked the place. 😂

That's the stuff I'd do on Football Manager except I'd take them places they would hate, get that pre-season anger flowing. Like the Butlin's Cup: Skegness Town, Bognor Regis Town and Minehead AFC getting the important faxes from my secretary (also me, based on the size of clubs I was managing).

Neil Warnock has already been alarmingly entertaining. I rue the fact we won't get a Warnock Dons vs Ange's Bhoys.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Kraig said:

That's the stuff I'd do on Football Manager except I'd take them places they would hate, get that pre-season anger flowing. Like the Butlin's Cup: Skegness Town, Bognor Regis Town and Minehead AFC getting the important faxes from my secretary (also me, based on the size of clubs I was managing).

Neil Warnock has already been alarmingly entertaining. I rue the fact we won't get a Warnock Dons vs Ange's Bhoys.

I'd much rather see a Neil Warnock Dons vs Brendan with the sharks coming out after. 😂

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...