The Scottish Football thread

METALMAN

• 4 weeks later...

So, Ange and Gio were in the same café together, sitting having a brief chat and it's became big news for some reason. They both live nearby. :lol:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/19792962.rangers-boss-giovanni-van-bronckhorst-lifts-lid-meeting-celtics-ange-postecoglou/

In other news, newly-promoted Kelty Hearts are having an absolute stormer of a debut season and are top of League Two and remain the only unbeaten team in the UK this season. Kevin Thomson took over from Barry Ferguson and they've gone from strength to strength.

Arbroath are also having a pretty great season so far, currently 3rd in the Championship.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Raith Rovers statement:

I firstly want to apologise wholeheartedly to our fans, sponsors, players and the wider Raith Rovers community for the anguish and anger caused over the past few days.

We got it wrong.

In reaching our original decision, we focused far too much on football matters and not enough on what this decision would mean for our club and the community as a whole.

Over the past couple of days, we listened carefully to the fans who have got in touch and I’m very grateful for their honesty. As chairman, as a board and as a management team, we have all learned a hard but valuable lesson.

This very unfortunate episode is something that we all bitterly regret and we are now wholly committed to making things right. I can therefore confirm that, following a meeting of the Raith Rovers board, the player will not be selected by Raith Rovers and we will enter into discussions with the player regarding his contractual position.

We share a desire to do what is best for our club and will be doing everything in our power to regain the trust and confidence of the Raith Rovers family.

Chairman
On Behalf of the Board of Raith Rovers FC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, The Kraig said:

Gazza scoring an absolutely cheeky strike off the post from inside the box! Like the years suddenly rolled back. Keeper caught off guard and everything.

Reveal hidden contents

I saw this earlier, and someone put the caption "Gerrard's goal in the 6-1 loss to Stoke".

11 hours ago, Colly said:

Quaresma's goal was pretty special.

I did not realise but he's still playing in Portugal!

Charity matches are fun like that really. Watching ex players of various fitness levels run about and sometimes really trying to get one guy a goal.

I went to the England v Germany game that was one of Bobby Robsons last public appearances, with about 5 minutes to go they went to bring on the dream team of Jimmy Nail and Jim Rosenthal. Ball didn't go out til the final whistle.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

I can't believe that we haven't had @METALMAN touting the massive game tonight yet! 

Kilmarnock vs. Arbroath. If Killie win, they're back up to the Premiership. But if Arbroath win, then that puts them firmly in pole position to go on and become the first ever part-timers to reach the Premiership (presumably since football was invented with the reformatted Premiership)!

• Thanks 1