The International Football Federations Thread

hugobomb

Yeah but that timezone would suit a handful of participants' fans at home at most. I like when they're in the Americas the timezone works for European and African fans too, so everybody is a winner. Except for Australia and Asia!

Trying to watch the majority of games from the UK for an Aussie WC would be a right ballache mind.

Just like watching a WC in Europe would be a ballache for Australians?

No one cares about Australians.

• Like 3

Wouldn't mind a Chinese one. Political concerns aside (and really, if you're going to give successive World Cups to Russia and Qatar is China really that much of a stress?), there's a good infrastructure there (almost 20 stadia with capacities of 40k or more - including 3 at 80k) and I feel like it'd be a similar World Cup to USA 1994 - a firing point to a stronger game within the host nation.

An Australian WC would be pretty cool actually. Isn't Australasia the only continent a WC hasn't been held on yet?

If with Australasia you mean all of Oceania and Asia, then no.. 2002 in South Korea and Japan.

Australasia is in Oceania, Edders! Not Asia.

And I would hate that. I'm not getting up a 6am to watch matches. The 2003 RWC was a nightmare for that reason.

I think they were referring to the football governing body that Australia falls under which is Asia

An Australian World Cup would still be an Oceanic World Cup though, wouldn't it? Just because they play in Asian qualifiers now for competitive purposes it doesn't mean the country has suddenly drifted over to sit next to India.

I too would like to see a WC in Australia, I'm not too fussed about the daft kick off times. Got over it with Japan/South Korea and will get over it the next time they hold it somewhere like that.

And I would hate that. I'm not getting up a 6am to watch matches. The 2003 RWC was a nightmare for that reason.

I think they were referring to the football governing body that Australia falls under which is Asia

He said continent, not governing body. He also said Australasia, not Asia. :/

The fact he said Australasia, the continent, meant he was wrong from the start anyway.

That'll teach me to read properly, I thought you were responding to Colly who said it would be still be an Asian world cup