The Dark Knight Rises

apsham

I heard Christian Bales had another trademark meltdown and has been sacked, but someone I know in the nearest airport swears he saw Robbie Keane collecting his bags, so could be replacing him.

This is the transfer deadline day thread isn't it?

Edited by Colly
  • Like 3

My fiancee works at Starbucks and there's a regular at her store who comes in every morning and shows them pictures and videos from what he was on set for the day before. I'm not sure exactly what he does but I guess he showed her something mentioning Hulk/Bane fight scene? I don't know if Hulk being in this movie has been leaked/announced/whatever cause I'm not really following but if not there you go.

And obviously I can't verify but I do trust that she's not lying about it.

It was a production schedule reading a time frame and then "clean up after Hulk/Bane fight scene"

EDIT:

But the more I think about that it doesn't make sense since Hulk is Marvel and Batman is DC. So maybe he's a fucking prankster trying to trick my woman.

The fact that you believed any of it for a second makes you just as foolish as "your woman."

I don't think it's too foolish to believe in the town that the film is being shot there are people who both work on the film and drink Starbucks coffee. But either way. K.

I think the point is, the very idea that Hulk would be in a DC movie, much less a NOLAN directed DC movie... which therefore, would make absolutely no sense... is the part that absolutely anyone should instantly be able to strike down as false. Your girlfriend - maybe she doesn't know a thing about Batman or comics, and that's fine. You yourself even thinking there could be a shred of truth in this?

Twit.

...or maybe he doesn't know a thing about Batman or comics either? It doesn't make him any less of a twit, but why is it acceptable for his girlfriend to just not know, but not for him?

I heard Christian Bales had another trademark meltdown and has been sacked, but someone I know in the nearest airport swears he saw Robbie Keane collecting his bags, so could be replacing him.

This is the transfer deadline day thread isn't it?

It has always been Robbies boyhood dream to play the Batman.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nolan has revealed The Dark Knight Rises takes place 8 years after The Dark Knight.

The Dark Knight Rises will take place quite a while after the events of The Dark Knight. How long? 8 years.

Director Christopher Nolan has spoken to Empire, saying "surprisingly for some people, our story picks up quite a bit later, eight years after The Dark Knight. So he's an older Bruce Wayne; he's not in a great state."

The director also spoke about the choice of Bane as the villain. "With Bane, we're looking to give Batman a challenge he hasn't had before. With our choice of villain and with our choice of story we're testing Batman both physically as well as mentally."

Nolan also discussed the villain's fighting style of the physically imposing antagonist. "He's brutal. Brutal. He's a big dude who's incredibly clinical, in the fact that he has a result-based and oriented fighting style. It's not about fighting. It's about carnage. The style is heavy-handed, heavy-footed, it's nasty. Anything from small-joint manipulation to crushing skulls, crushing rib cages, stamping on shins and knees and necks and collarbones and snapping heads off and tearing his fists through chests, ripping out spinal columns. He is a terrorist in mentality as well as brutal action."

Empire also spoke to the film's costume designer Lindy Hemming, who revealed the reason for Bane's mask. "He was injured early in his story. he's suffering from pain and needs gas to survive. He can't survive the pain without the mask. The pipes from the mask go back along his jawline and feed into the thing at his back, where there are two cannisters."

Can't wait till next year? Well, a prologue to the film will be shown in select IMAX cinemas on December 21, 2011. According to Nolan, the footage is "basically the first six, seven minutes of the film", a sort of "introduction to Bane, and a taste of the rest of the film."

Edited by Universal