The Dark Knight Rises

apsham

Just came home from seeing the Batman Begins, TDK double bill, can't wait for tomorrow.

Did you make it through with or without a piss break?

They had a half an hour break in between so without.

I'm so old these days my prostate requires me to make at least three trips every film.

Why do you think you get those gigantic tubs of soda? You drink it..then you use it... :shifty:

dammit Hammy, your 14 days older then me..stop reminding me I'm old too... :crying:

I liked it a lot. A few minutes that could have been left on the cutting room floor that weren't, but the whole movie was quite a ride which is what I went there to see. Really though, my only complaints are all minor details and if I wasn't sobering up during the movie because we left the Jack Daniels in the car then I probably would have none.

Really pissed I called out the Talia twist right at the start because I went in expecting her to play that role and when she wasn't given that name right away it took me 5 seconds to figure out that she was likely pulling some strings. That's more my fault for hearing she was playing Talia before going to see the movie.

Also, the whole thing with Bruce Wayne losing all his money in the stock market. It makes sense, but wouldn't the entire gigantic scene from the night before at the stock exchange raise a few eyebrows? Like seriously.

And finally, nuclear bomb being dropped in the bay? Enjoy your radioactive water Gotham City.

(Y)

I had some issues with it, mainly not enough Catwoman (or Batman, for that matter) and the fact that it took it's time to get going, but hot damn, the rapid-fire twists and surprises at the end. Wow.

And how fucking great was Michael Caine?

EDIT

And oh yeah, I saw this as part of an "All Knight Long" marathon and really, it's the best way to see the movie. Everything ties together so well and even though I was in a theater for 9 hours, it was so much fun.

A guy dressed like Bane apparently went in a Colorado opening screening and killed 14 people, injuring like 50 :angry:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/batman-dark-knight-rises-colorado-shooting-23220

There's already a thread about it: http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=89164

I'm so happy you guys are digging it. The criticisms I've seen have been so annoyingly nitpicky, that I'd be blowing my top if I saw them on here.

Loved the movie. Again though, like my complaint with the trailer, I felt that all the speech was muffled. Maybe I'm just going deaf or something but everyone was either muffled (Bane/Batman) or always speaking hushed (Catwoman/Gordon/Wayne). The only person I heard clearly the whole time was Blake.

I was able to piece together the movie as I watched it but I'm going to have to watch it again on DVD with subtitles to understand everything that was being said.

(Y)

I had some issues with it, mainly not enough Catwoman (or Batman, for that matter) and the fact that it took it's time to get going, but hot damn, the rapid-fire twists and surprises at the end. Wow.

And how fucking great was Michael Caine?

EDIT

And oh yeah, I saw this as part of an "All Knight Long" marathon and really, it's the best way to see the movie. Everything ties together so well and even though I was in a theater for 9 hours, it was so much fun.

I agree with you on all of those points. It sure took it's sweet ass time to get going but the climax was awesome. Great ending too.

I thought it was fantastic. Didn't grip me as much as The Dark Knight, but another fantastic film. Loved the ending. Everyone was wonderful. I loved Banes voice. There were one or two spots where I couldn't understand Bane, but that was it.

I was seriously dying for a shot of a Nightwing based outfit for Blake. "Maybe it's under my real name... Robin." And holy shit! All the twists!