The Dark Knight Rises

apsham

It's a movie. Christ people, write your own fan fiction at this point. Must ever single minor detail of the film be dissected and analyzed 1000x over?

Fuck you people for discussing things on a place where people discuss things!

We're having pages worth of discussion over completely inconsequential things. Skummy's criticisms of the movie were one thing, but this is just getting ridiculous.

It's a movie. Christ people, write your own fan fiction at this point. Must ever single minor detail of the film be dissected and analyzed 1000x over?

Fuck you people for discussing things on a place where people discuss things!

We're having pages worth of discussion over completely inconsequential things. Skummy's criticisms of the movie were one thing, but this is just getting ridiculous.

Whilst I agree, what else is going to happen in this topic? Most people have seen it, people have shared their opinion.......the film is still being discussed. The thread either dies a death,or gets kept going by people discussing....the film.

Of course they could have explained how he got back to Gotham. They didn't because it wasn't crucial to the plot, would've been boring, and would've taken up time. As Hammy says, it's not hard to hitchhike your way across countries when you're a normal guy, let alone when you possess Batman's skill set. Most of the other criticisms are valid, I just find that one pretty dumb.

The him doing so in enough time to beat the bomb is where this remains a problem, though. Unless we should be led to believe that part was non-linear...which we weren't,

Of course they could have explained how he got back to Gotham. They didn't because it wasn't crucial to the plot, would've been boring, and would've taken up time. As Hammy says, it's not hard to hitchhike your way across countries when you're a normal guy, let alone when you possess Batman's skill set. Most of the other criticisms are valid, I just find that one pretty dumb.

The him doing so in enough time to beat the bomb is where this remains a problem, though. Unless we should be led to believe that part was non-linear...which we weren't,

Except there's a 20 day gap between when he's last in the prison and when he reaches Gotham.

Except there's a 20 day gap between when he's last in the prison and when he reaches Gotham.

He went to Tijuana first, relaxed a little, took in a show or two.

Bruce Wayne LOVES donkey shows.

• Like 1

Bruce Wayne LOVES donkey shows.

No wonder so many people are pissed they didn't show him on his way back.

While I will write my thoughts about the entire movie a bit later, I thought I'd mention this.

Despite Bane's tyranny over Gotham, I thought it was clear Wayne flew to or near Gotham to get in. After Wayne gets back and reunited with Fox, they go to the Bat and Fox asks if he (Wayne) flew okay, to which Wayne nods and says yeah.

How this was undetected by Bane is another story I guess. But it seems clear he flew.

Erm....no. Fox asks him if the Bat flew okay because it's the first time they've spoken since Fox gave him the Bat in the first place. For Wayne to have flown back to Gotham would have required the Bat to somehow have wound up in the middle of nowhere in the Middle East, and the plot holes in this movie aren't quite big enough to swallow that.

Erm....no. Fox asks him if the Bat flew okay because it's the first time they've spoken since Fox gave him the Bat in the first place. For Wayne to have flown back to Gotham would have required the Bat to somehow have wound up in the middle of nowhere in the Middle East, and the plot holes in this movie aren't quite big enough to swallow that.

I'm not saying he used the Bat to fly, but I definitely took that scene as an explanation of how he got back, with Fox asking if he flew ok (a plane? South Korean smugglers again? Whatever, no idea). I don't recall if Fox used the words "The Bat" in that case.

Wayne had spoken to Fox between the events of using the Bat and Wayne returning from prison though, when they decided to entrust Wayne Enterprises to Tate (Fox shows up at his door afterall). So it isn't the first time.

IIRC, Fox just asks if he remembers where he parked it.

Yep, BEFORE he went down the big hole in the ground. He may have trekked across sahara's and tundra and maybe even swam across the atlantic, but he didnt fly the bat back.