The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

Its a long running sitcom. Its not going to be as good as it was during Season 3 and 4. When it starts to resemble the shambling corpse of the Simpsons you've got a problem, but I doubt its there yet.

I say this not having started the newest season.

We're closer to the end of the show than the beginning so charactesr have to move in specific directions so they're in place for how they want to end the show, which typically comes at the cost of laughs. That doesn't mean stuff won't be funny along the way but the focus has shifted.

That said, I still enjoy the show quite a bit and do think it's consistently better than The Office was.

• Like 1

Definitely agree 100% there. When The Office hit season sixty two (or however many it had) it was way more miss than hit, with the occasional decent episode peppered in with a ton of awful ones.

Okay, Ben trying to defend Larry is the best. I don't know why, but I hate that his name is Larry now, though. Probably just more fond of "Damnit, Jerry!"

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 2 was hit and miss for me. David Cross was awesome, as was Banks. Dinkerwhatever that was Chang's name was hilarious. Also, Annie swirling around Hector's the Well Endowed's massive penis.

I hate that if there's a season 6 Jonathan Banks won't be on it much. He's been a fantastic addition to the cast, and David Cross was perfect as his son.

Really liked Parks and Rec this week too. Building off of the great Ben and Jerry (wahey) subplot from a couple episodes ago was a smart move.

Yeah, Banks has been so much fun. In a lot of ways I kind of prefer his character to Pierce, but that might be because the villain stuff got too much for me at one point. I'm sure part of it is the real life stuff, too.

The Jerry stuff has just gotten so incredibly old. The stuff of him being gently teased about his lack of social grace and being blissfully ignorant was okay, but the stuff where they purposely change his name and just abuse him is too much and gets the show too cartoony. Like, it's been established that Jerry doesn't need the interaction with these people, so why would he stick around? If he wanted to, he could bankrupt the city of Pawnee with a workplace harassment lawsuit. It got a bit too much for when Ron and especially Chris started doing it, like it's a bit that the writers have fallen in love with and just can't stop.

Were there new episodes of Community/Parks last night? My DVR didn't record them. Probably because it was recording ten billion repeats of Castle and Bones..

The Jerry stuff has just gotten so incredibly old. The stuff of him being gently teased about his lack of social grace and being blissfully ignorant was okay, but the stuff where they purposely change his name and just abuse him is too much and gets the show too cartoony. Like, it's been established that Jerry doesn't need the interaction with these people, so why would he stick around? If he wanted to, he could bankrupt the city of Pawnee with a workplace harassment lawsuit. It got a bit too much for when Ron and especially Chris started doing it, like it's a bit that the writers have fallen in love with and just can't stop.

Holy jesus, this. It's not funny anymore, it's not creative anymore and it's lazy as hell.

Basketbaaaaaaaaaaaall! :angry:

It's just this week. No games next Thursday so they don't have to worry about getting slaughtered in the ratings.

Also re: Larry, while I do agree that it's fairly lazy (not that lazy writing can't also be funny because it does still hit at times), I think that's kind of the point of Ben starting to stick up for him. Again, the show is coming to a close pretty soon so they have to start wrapping up arcs and Larry's predominant arc for the entire show has been the group's disrespect. That will change before the end of the show.

His arc ended a long time ago. It was when he retired and got his pension, which was the initial reason why he stayed there so long in the first place.

It really started sucking when they started calling him Larry. I mean, it was funny when we found out Jerry wasn't his real name, but who even remembers why they're calling him Larry?

Ben sticking up for him was funny, though, but it should end there.