House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

It was a bad couple weeks for House Baratheon, let's all take a moment and show some support for the rightful King.

https://gifsound.com/?gif=31.media.tumblr.com/570e295b8cb2bd69b6217d558f1c71fe/tumblr_nq1a9ur6YG1qbszkbo5_250.gif&v=eX3ZSlKdsrM

So working my way through season two now, I think my biggest question from Season 1...

In the first episode, when Jamie throws Bran from the tower, do you think he finished? I mean I've never had to murder someone midsex but occasionally I'll get interrupted by someone at the door or on the phone or whatnot, and I usually go back and finish. I dunno what I would have done in this situation though.

• Like 2

Just finished Blackwater.

How the fuck did Stannis not die during Season 2? He is the first on the shore, first man against the wall, first man over the wall, eventually gets dragged away against his will, and the dude isn't even wearing a helmet or a shield. The fact that he managed to remain alive heretofore is frankly baffling, unless he suddenly becomes a huge coward after this battle.

• Like 1

How the fuck did Stannis not die during Season 2? He is the first on the shore, first man against the wall, first man over the wall, eventually gets dragged away against his will, and the dude isn't even wearing a helmet or a shield. The fact that he managed to remain alive heretofore is frankly baffling, unless he suddenly becomes a huge coward after this battle.

He's the Mannis, that's why?

• Like 1

I assume he has some sort of Main Character Immunity, which sort of flies in the face of the rest of this show, but he plays by his own rules. He made onion sack man his hand!

I remember first watching that and incorrectly thinking that Stannis was being dragged away by Lannister soldiers into captivity. It was only when I saw him with Melisandre on the next episode that I realised he had made his way back to Dragonstone.

I suppose you could argue that Stannis is a trained fighter who is constantly, even in battle, surrounded by his household guard and he's generally going to be fighting against malnourished, overmarched, comically under trained conscripted peasants. So his chances of survival are fairly decent.

Also, magic 'n' fire 'n' shadow demons 'n' shit.

• Like 1

Got a good chunk of the way into Season 3 today.

One thing I really enjoy about this show is how it takes time to show us little tag teams of awesomeness. Gendry and Arya, Bran and company, Jon Snow and everyone who meets Jon Snow. I feel like, with the dude riding in at the midnight hour and saving Theon, that we have another tag team just about to form. I think it's the start of a beautiful friendship and though the dude seems a bit awkward and nervous, I am hoping his lightheartedness and gentle nature will help Theon to some much needed healing.

Possibly sexual healing.

Looking forward to seeing how Theon and his new friend get on.

• Like 5