House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Stannis is often regarded as one of the best generals in Westeros, I think the show just took liberties and translated that to general bad ass fighter.

Looking forward to seeing how Theon and his new friend get on.

46a.jpg

Poor Theon.

Just finished Season 3, I will miss Robb, I will not miss his meddling mom.

Also Stannis would make a good angry gym teacher:

"Bend your knees or I'll destroy them!"

• Like 4

In the last month or so I've gone from never having seen Game of Thrones before to watching all the episodes. I had some free time because I quit my job. :shifty:

And I enjoyed it, by and large. Each season did seem to have a fairly major lull towards the middle. I'd always find episodes 4-6 (or thereabouts) of each season a bit of a drag, but I knew it would be worth persevering once it all kicked off in the last couple of episodes.

But I did like it. Most of the characters are good. There aren't many I don't care about. I don't really care about Sansa Stark or the blonde woman that's after her.

I might read the books one day. Although I might not because it annoys me how they call the knights "Ser". That's really dumb. Not sure I could bring myself to read that over and over again. At least in the TV programme I could pretend they were saying it properly.

Oh and at times the show is far too much of a pervy teenager's titillation fantasy. It's rarely necessary.

• Like 1

Just finished First Of His Name.

Man, it must suck to be Sansa. Having to listen to your aunt get Littlefingered all night. Poor girl.

So glad Karl Tanner is dead, what a motherfucker that guy was. Ditto for the dude that Arya gives a tracheotomy.

Solid work this episode by Locke. He really is a true professional isn't he.

Character cards will let you use the battle skills of four of the most powerful members of each house.

"Ned Stark": You are completely bound to do everything you say thanks to your horribly stupid sense of honor.  :shifty:  

My cousin's wife bought him that when they were dating and we've only played it twice, at best. It probably took us an hour and a half to set the thing up and figure out what we were doing, and even then during the game we'd constantly be like "Wait, wait, no, check the manual - ah, here it says.."

I looooove that game but our group of friends get together to play board games all the time. Pretty sure we didn't play it right until, like, the fifth time but oh well. It's definitely my favourite board game but it takes some dedication not only to play it once, but play it more to finally get the gist of it. 

• Like 1

I've played it a bunch of times (it was one of the few board games we owned), but after discovering just what a large world board gaming actually is this past year, I realized it has a really rigid set of rules and very little replay value. I'd rather play a long ass co-op game anytime. 

• 2 weeks later...

Season 6 filming is underway in Belfast and.. (spoilers, obviously!)

Kit Harrington's been spotted around Belfast a few times now.

• Like 1

As someone who hasn't read the books, but knows a bit about the history etc...

More spoilers about filming

Hidden Content

This means Rhaegar & Lyanna yes?

If so, will be strange to see flashback scenes in GoT. When have they done them previously? I can only think of Cersei at the start of this season.

Also, possible Ned flashbacks?

Rhaegar died at the Trident, which happened before The Tower of Joy. He was definitely not there. It was six men, led by Ned Stark (and including Howland Reed) versus three (four?) members of the Kingsguard, including Arthur (motherfuckin') Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, and, supposedly, the greatest warrior in the history of Westeros. Lyanna will, obviously, be there, though.

I just hope we don't get confirmation, one way or the other, on R+L=J from the show before we get it in the books. The fact that we're probably going to find out what happens with Jon Snow in the show instead of the books already kinda sucks.

Hidden Content

I seem to remember Ned, in Season One (?), mentioning the tower and saying something like, only he and 1 other guy alive know what really happened there. Was that Howland Reed?

Yeah, my bad about Rhaegar - I did know that.

Is it not pretty much a given now that we will find out in the show first? Does the next book even have a date yet?