House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

They'll probably have to recast Bran at some point anyway, otherwise by the last season, he'll be 10 years old and look like Tormund Giantsbane.

• Like 2

I think they'll probably just stick with him and hope viewers overlook the obvious age difference. After all, Robb Stark and Jon Snow were supposed to be 16 at the start of the series, which was already stretching all credibility to snapping point. Besides, a Tormund-esque Bran now sounds like too good an opportunity to pass up.

They'll probably have to recast Bran at some point anyway, otherwise by the last season, he'll be 10 years old and look like Tormund Giantsbane.

I don't think they're following the time line of the books to the exact date. IIRC, the books have covered 2 years so far, but I could swear there was a scene in the show where Arya mentioned something that indicated it had been a longer amount of time than that (IIRC it was about four years). Maybe just imagining it.

Edited by Benji

I think they'll probably just stick with him and hope viewers overlook the obvious age difference. After all, Robb Stark and Jon Snow were supposed to be 16 at the start of the series, which was already stretching all credibility to snapping point. Besides, a Tormund-esque Bran now sounds like too good an opportunity to pass up.

14/15, actually. So even worse!

14/15, actually. So even worse!

I think that's how old they were in the books, but they aged them by a couple of years in the show.

• 5 weeks later...

Two new roles have been cast in the past week or so.

Dickon Tarly and Euron Greyjoy. 

Freddie Stroma (Lifetime's unREAL) will be Dickon, while Pilou Asbæk (Lucy, the upcoming Ben-Hur) has been cast as Euron Greyjoy.

Two new roles have been cast in the past week or so.

Hidden Content

He doesn't look like how I'd picture Euron but he does look very like Alfie Allen, so I guess it makes sense. Now HBO, don't you dare cut out Victarion like you did all the Martells!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think they're following the time line of the books to the exact date. IIRC, the books have covered 2 years so far, but I could swear there was a scene in the show where Arya mentioned something that indicated it had been a longer amount of time than that (IIRC it was about four years). Maybe just imagining it.

It's roughly a year per season. Sansa was 13 in season 1, 14 when asked by Cersei in season 2 and 17 in season 5. Myrcella also says that she has been living in Dorne 'for years' after she was sent there in season 2.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was going to say it's a pretty misleading headline since it's assumed to only be a couple of weeks but I'm kind of curious about this now. They haven't set a premiere date for Westworld yet either so I wonder if they might stick that in the April/May slot and hold Game of Thrones off for later in the summer. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they were to use Game of Thrones to launch Westworld and save the comedies they have for later. 

1 minute ago, Benji The Friendly Ghost said:

It's not since that's just them estimating an "earliest date", it's not written in stone at all, so it could well be later in the year.

Emphasis on was. :P

I do think that unless you're told to expect a longer wait that you should assume it's around the same time. It's sometimes a risk to change when it airs in fear of losing viewers. I'm not sure that's much of a concern when it comes to Game of Thrones, though. 

• Like 1