House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

3 hours ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

When it's over can someone mention me in here and tell me if I'm ok to watch it.

It should be ok, there wasn't anything too terrible. 

As for the episode itself...I liked it. The first episode always sets things up....but we had some great moments

Brienne and Sansa finally getting together! The Sand Snakes basically taking over Dorne! And, of course, The Onion Knight being wonderful and amazing and the best. He is gonna save Jon somehow!

• Like 1

Dorne is so bad. Like..if its never on the show again, I would be so happy. Davos is awesome and the actor is the man and I cannot wait to see him this season. His role is going to expand greatly from the looks of things, and that is something I can really get behind.

I love that in the pre-season amble one of the big questions on the fan podcasts and blogs was about Tristain. Will he pay for what the Sand Snakes did? Will he still make it to the small council? Will Jamie have to speak up for him? How will Doran play this?

Nope, spear in the head.

• Like 3

It was alright. Typical table setting stuff to remind viewers of where we are now, which is something I've come to expect from GoT season premieres.

Spoiler

* I feel like the murders of Doran and Trystane are symbolic of the producers recognizing what people didn't like about Dorne and trying to rectify that. This speeds up the timeline as well, and I assume Dorne will go to war with the Lannisters/the throne soon enough. Shame Trystane and - more importantly - Areo Hotah got practically no characterization, though. Areo's just "Doran's bodyguard" and Trystane is just "Doran's son who is a nice boy". 

* I imagine Brienne, Pod, Sansa & Theon are going to head to the Vale to see Baelish, where Sansa will start plotting her revenge. You're kind of conditioned by the show to feel weird about feel-good moments, though, eh? I was 50/50 thinking that Pod may die, but nope, Brienne and Pod survive and Brienne gets to swear herself to Sansa. 

* "Buried, burnt. She's good meat. Feed her to the hounds." Still a wonderful bastard, and that's his orders for the corpse of someone he presumably loved

* I can't remember, but has Vaes Dothrak or the dosh khaleen been seen at all in the series so far? Maybe in season 1?

* So I assume the choker keeps Melisandre young, then. That's interesting. 

I'm hopeful that next episode has some extended Greyjoy family and some stuff taking place at the Iron Islands. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, metaLLman again said:

Plothole regarding the ending of tonight's episode:

Hide contents

melisandrebath.jpg

I mean.. they could try a bit harder with the decisions they make last minute.

Not sure it's a plothole, expect more will be revealed in regards to the potions (one was used in the bath scene and they also highlighted the clear potion bottle last night).

Edited by Asuka's Gonna Kill You
  • Like 2

Yeah, that was fine. Always happy to let things play out with GOT, as I've been rewarded so often for investing in their long-term storytelling. There was some good stuff in there, but I dunno, some of the dialogue felt really off. Either way, happy for them to set whatever up and looking forward to the rest. 

Yeah that was a plothole for sure. The idea of the glamour has been one in the ASOIAF world for quite awhile. I think the actress who plays melisandre mentioned years ago that her character was truly centuries years old. I like the ending because it goes to show that her magic does work, and possibly a sign of things to come? Looks like we wait another week for the return of bran which is sad cause I was honestly hoping the season would start with one of his flashbacks. 

This episode was OK. I'm really worried about where there going and the overall pacing now that they don't have the guidance of the ridiculously fleshed out books. It seems like they tried to squeeze too much in and it all appeared a bit rushed.

They well and truly botched Dorne and the Melisandre thing seems like they're throwing shit at the wall a bit. Still, I'll remain optimistic and keep watching!

Sand Snakes are not fucking around this season.

I would never have had 'weirdly pedantic' down as a Dothraki trait.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Was one of the Sand Snakes re-cast? I didn't think I saw the super hot one that flashed Brom.

I noticed that too. She was the only one whose face I could remember and she didn't seem to be there. I really hope they flesh out the Sand Snakes more this season.

Edited by Hellraiser

1 minute ago, Meacon said:

Was one of the Sand Snakes re-cast? I didn't think I saw the super hot one that flashed Brom.

She was with Ellaria Sand.

Spoiler

And killed Aero Hotah. It did seem like her hair was a little longer, though.

In general, they got the set of characters from Dorne I didn't care for wrong, and I guess are just steamlining it so it's a straightforward war between the Lannisters and the Sands now. Shrug.