House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

When Ramsay is eventually killed off, his death can't be painful or gruesome enough. He has to die in agony, not a quick decapitation or knife through the heart, to make it satisfying. (Personally, i'd go Vlad the Impaler on him)

Jon's resurrection sucked. I was hoping we'd get something cool, such as the speculation that fire would revive him, or that he'd become a white walker and later somehow be resurrected. But, no, we has to have her try and succeed, despite believing she failed. 

:rolleyes:

Say what you will about Ramsay Bolton, but he's really not all bad.

He always makes sure the dogs are well fed.

• Like 6

So, I'm sure someone else has already figured this out, but something cool I noticed:

Spoiler

Sansa married both Tyrion and Ramsay. Both men went on to murder their fathers, fathers who had also been rejecting them for most of their lives, essentially treating them as less than sons. Sansa's actions could be said to have contributed to their deaths.

Both fathers were also 2/3 of an alliance that orchestrated the Red Wedding.

Basically, I've come to the conclusion that Sansa is getting revenge for the Red Wedding without even realizing it :P

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Benkid Nada said:

Honestly, I'm getting more and more bored by the shocking moments as each episode goes by. The Ramsay stuff was absolute shite, and it kind of showed a bit too much bloodlust from the writers, because they dragged that fucking stupid scene out for way too long. We get it, he's vile as fuck, we really didn't need that, after everyfuckingthing they've made him do already. Does anybody even think there's any punishment for him that would feel warranted for everything they've shown? It would just leave a taste of unsatisfactory bitterness. 

Hide contents

And the worst part is that all the fun, scheming characters are just getting wasted without a second thought, and we're left with all the quick tempered, crazy ones. It feels like every antagonist still surviving is a fucking nutjob in some way. Roose was the last one left. Now the only ones with interesting political schemish-ness to them is Tyrion, Cersei and... the Freys? Are they still even around? I guess Thorne is still around. I don't even remember where we left off with Littlefinger, like honestly, where the flying fuck is he? The internal governmental scheming angle has practically shat itself.

And the whole prolonging Jon's resurrection thing was stupid as fuck. I was hoping that Melisandre would fail and maybe something even more interesting would happen, like Bran bringing him back somehow. Instead, nope, Melisandre just tries and it works. I guess it's not that hard to bring someone back from the dead.

If next week is the Tower of Joy episode, that's honestly going to be the breaking point for me. If it's not something substantially satisfactory, I don't think I'm gonna' keep my hopes high for this show anymore.

Again, I don't think this was about showing him as vile as fuck -- it was him showing how much he wants to lead. They even addressed that people will start to treat him like a crazy dog, or whatever, but this was very much about him showing him transcending his family and how far he's will to go to conquer. He's sadastic, he's rash and I'm sure that will very much be his undoing, but it also goes to show what can happen if you're willing to indulge and keep those kind of people around. 

Also, it always makes for a nice comparison to Jon Snow in terms of how bastards can run out. I thought that was one of the best moments in this episode, when he was like "So was I," when talking about being a bastard. It highlights how Roose was never likely to truly accept him, no matter what he said, and it also continues to show the psychological effects of parenting etc. I get problems with Ramsay for some people, but I found this one of his way more interesting episodes.  

• Like 6

Yeah, but I disagree that they needed to have dragged that scene out, it was pure "look how creatively gross we can be with killing people, revel in the gore". A simpler scene would have worked so much better. Also, I would be more inclined to agree with your characterization of that scene if they didn't have Ramsay hold the baby beforehand and then have Wanda talk about how beautiful he is. It was simply to try to be as violent as possible and show that Ramsay is sadistic. 

They didn't need to show it. Anyone with half a brain knows what he's going to do. Would have been a million times more effective to have it happen offscreen and have him blithely reference it.

• Like 2

Personally I think they really missed an opportunity. They should have had Ramsey kill Walda and Roose but then keep the baby and raise it as his bastard. Then he could pass on the suffering of being a bastard son and have a plaything to torment that won't run away.

• Like 1

I think it's interesting that they chose to highlight the fact that Ramsay does show compassion and have feelings last episode, and then, y'know, the stuff he did this episode. I'm assuming the point is to show that he isn't a complete amoral bastard, but that he thinks that he has to be in order to gain any kind of power. 

The fucking morning news tried to spoil the end of this episode for me. I walked into the kitchen for a cup of coffee and one of those Good Morning America type shows was on down in the living room, and the very first thing I hear is "And what about that bombshell on Game of Thrones last night?! I was told to wait a day to talk about it, but too bad! We're gonna talk about it this morning!" Fuck you, morning news anchor, I hadn't watched it yet!

• Like 2

The whole scene with Ramsay was so predictable. Seconds before he stabbed Roose I turned to my girlfriend and was like "he's going to kill him right now" and sure enough he did. Then he goes outside and sees his little brother and you're like "oh okay well that sucks" and then they just kept going on with it. The only reason to drag that scene out is if they're going to show him have a change of heart and send them out to spend their days in a distant village somewhere.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

I think it's interesting that they chose to highlight the fact that Ramsay does show compassion and have feelings last episode, and then, y'know, the stuff he did this episode. I'm assuming the point is to show that he isn't a complete amoral bastard, but that he thinks that he has to be in order to gain any kind of power. 

The fucking morning news tried to spoil the end of this episode for me. I walked into the kitchen for a cup of coffee and one of those Good Morning America type shows was on down in the living room, and the very first thing I hear is "And what about that bombshell on Game of Thrones last night?! I was told to wait a day to talk about it, but too bad! We're gonna talk about it this morning!" Fuck you, morning news anchor, I hadn't watched it yet!

Wait, what, when did he show compassion last episode? 

Maybe compassion isn't necessarily the right word, but for the first time ever he seemed genuinely upset when he was viewing Myranda's body - talking about how she didn't deserve this, he was going to get vengeance, etc - the first time I've ever seen him feel anything for anyone else. 

Like, it seemed to me like it was an attempt to humanize Ramsay for once instead of being 100% cartoon villain all the time.

• Like 1

Ramsey is a fucked up human being but he is still a human being. When he hugs Roose he looks him in the eye when he is getting gratification because he needs that love, but then he looks past him when he stabs him because, although Roose needs to die for Ramsey to rise in power, Ramsey didn't want to kill him, he wanted to be accepted and loved by him. Roose gave him his love and then Ramsey looked away and gave him the dagger. It almost makes you feel for the guy.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, damshow said:

The whole scene with Ramsay was so predictable. Seconds before he stabbed Roose I turned to my girlfriend and was like "he's going to kill him right now" and sure enough he did. Then he goes outside and sees his little brother and you're like "oh okay well that sucks" and then they just kept going on with it. The only reason to drag that scene out is if they're going to show him have a change of heart and send them out to spend their days in a distant village somewhere.

I feel like I'm gonna give off the impression that I loved this scene or whatever from how much I'm defending it, despite not really loving it all that much, but I don't mind them showing stuff like this -- kind of teasing the opportunity for a change of heart. I guess I just keep looking at the scene as a development for Ramsay, instead of for the value of shock value or whatever. The scene gives him the opportunity to change his mind, to show some mercy, but he makes a ruthless (albeit not surprising) decision. This was more about seeing how far he'd go and how much he strives for power, as well as subtle explorations as to why he's turned out the way he has. It's not a perfect scene, and the build-up with unlocking each cage isn't brilliant filmmaking, but I did find it worthwhile. 

• Like 5

I can see a resemblance between Burns and Roose.

Theory/Book spoilers

Spoiler

So I'm almost positive CleganeBowl is happening now. It's a lot happening early, Cersei still has to go on trial, and there's still two steps left to the prophecy. 

Just now, Blaze09 said:

Theory/Book spoilers

Hide contents

So I'm almost positive CleganeBowl is happening now. It's a lot happening early, Cersei still has to go on trial, and there's still two steps left to the prophecy. 

Spoiler

Wait, she still has to go on trail? I thought she had to confess her sins, atone for them by doing the walk of shame and that's that as far as the religious trail is concerned. As far as the secular trail goes, who would prosecute her? She is the king's mother and judging from the scene between her and her son I find it highly unlikely that he would let her be subject to a legal trail.

11 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Big ups to Ramsay Bolton for making unbelievable acts of evil so fucking boring. Jesus Christ, dude. So many great villains have come and gone on this show and yet you just won't go the fuck away.

The banality of evil. When you can make horrible things seem boring you have become a record breaking cunt. I love it.

• Like 1