House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Spoiler

All it was really, was a recap episode. As for Dorne, I think it was another example of how the show runners want to make the show based on shocking moments instead of logical storytelling. 

" . “Creatively it made sense to us, because we wanted it to happen " - showrunners

The whole potions thing is kind of a bullshit cop out. The transformation happened INSTANTLY after she took off her necklace. It really isn't hard to assume (much like it isn't hard to assume that Jorah was just following a trail for 20 feet) that the primary reason she turned old was because she took off the necklace.

One of two things happened there:

A) It is a plot hole and writers made a mistake.

B) It's shitty filmmaking having people believe it was the necklace.

18 hours ago, Cloudy said:

I feel like that was their own way of nuking Dorne, but I guess we'll see if that's right in the coming weeks. The plot synopses for episodes 2 & 3 say nothing about Dorne, but that's not necessarily indicative of Dorne being out of the show..

If their intent was to write out Dorne, they should have had Ellaria and the Sand Snakes die, not Doran/Areo/Trystane. Instead I think the intent was pretty clearly "let's streamline this so it's eventually the Lannisters vs. the Sands."

I didn't remember that Trystane was supposed to be on that boat until I was talking about it with a co-worker on Thursday, and then I died laughing. That's so stupid.

• Like 1

Oh, i suspect Ellaria and the Sand Snakes will die eventually. No way that Jaime and Cersei don't declare war over what happened to their daughter, or at least find some way of gaining revenge.

HOLY SHIT.

2 major deaths, 1 sorta-major death (but holy fuck, that was gruesome).

Also, YAY! JON SNOW IS BACK! :D:D:D Or maybe he rises as Jon Stark? PLease.

And Tower of Joy next week! So maybe we finally get to see the truth!!! Ahhh!

Also, Srar, there is one part on this episode that may bother you.

I'm here for Tower of Joy. Since we'll never get Book 6 I'm relying on the TV show to tell me what I'm pretty sure I know. And holy fuck next week it's happening (or they'll tease us for a few weeks).

Glad to see them push forward with Greyjoys again. There's a lot of ground to cover with them.

On 4/25/2016 at 20:24, Little Red Srarvette said:

When it's over can someone mention me in here and tell me if I'm ok to watch it.

This week: Don't watch

Spoiler

- Ramsay part was a lowlight of the episode for me. I dont think Roose would get caught like that..ever. Also I really hate the fact that this show tries to go for "shocking moments."

- That being said I enjoyed this episode. The first 15-20 mins was great I thought. Bran was the highlight for me. 

Just now, Alex. said:
  Hide contents

- Ramsay part was a lowlight of the episode for me. I dont think Roose would get caught like that..ever. Also I really hate the fact that this show tries to go for "shocking moments."

Spoiler

Could that have been handled better? Probably. But I honestly don't care. It was bound to happen and I'm happy that they did it now instead of stalling it for another couple episodes.

• Like 1

Big ups to Ramsay Bolton for making unbelievable acts of evil so fucking boring. Jesus Christ, dude. So many great villains have come and gone on this show and yet you just won't go the fuck away.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Big ups to Ramsay Bolton for making unbelievable acts of evil so fucking boring. Jesus Christ, dude. So many great villains have come and gone on this show and yet you just won't go the fuck away.

Generally I've not had an issue with him and thought he's been great, but his vile actions this episode were incredibly under acted. I think they're going for "he's such a sociopath he doesn't even revel in it any longer", but it just comes across as a non event instead.

Also Yara (sp?) looks like she's aged about thirty years in three >_>

49 minutes ago, Benji said:

Generally I've not had an issue with him and thought he's been great, but his vile actions this episode were incredibly under acted. I think they're going for "he's such a sociopath he doesn't even revel in it any longer", but it just comes across as a non event instead.

Also Yara (sp?) looks like she's aged about thirty years in three >_>

Dunno, still worked for me. He is a disgusting person but I got the feeling this episode was about him transcending his family -- which I think is eventful, even if the way he does it is no longer that shocking. 

• Like 1

That's what I took away from it, Roose is a megabastard from a long line of megabastards, but Ramsay is a superhypermegabastard.

There was so much going on in that episode that it's hard to process it all, flashbacks! Hodor speaks! Young Ned! Benjen! Lyanna! Tyrion 'Biggest balls in Essos' Lannister! Freed Dragons! Grey Worm lives! Tommen heel turn! Thinly veiled religious threats! Robert Strong! Roose! Ramsay! Euron! Sansa finds out Arya survived King's Landing! Giants = instawin! Fuck Olly! Jon Snow lives! Next week, Tower of Joy!

• Like 4

Honestly, I'm getting more and more bored by the shocking moments as each episode goes by. The Ramsay stuff was absolute shite, and it kind of showed a bit too much bloodlust from the writers, because they dragged that fucking stupid scene out for way too long. We get it, he's vile as fuck, we really didn't need that, after everyfuckingthing they've made him do already. Does anybody even think there's any punishment for him that would feel warranted for everything they've shown? It would just leave a taste of unsatisfactory bitterness. 

Spoiler

And the worst part is that all the fun, scheming characters are just getting wasted without a second thought, and we're left with all the quick tempered, crazy ones. It feels like every antagonist still surviving is a fucking nutjob in some way. Roose was the last one left. Now the only ones with interesting political schemish-ness to them is Tyrion, Cersei and... the Freys? Are they still even around? I guess Thorne is still around. I don't even remember where we left off with Littlefinger, like honestly, where the flying fuck is he? The internal governmental scheming angle has practically shat itself.

And the whole prolonging Jon's resurrection thing was stupid as fuck. I was hoping that Melisandre would fail and maybe something even more interesting would happen, like Bran bringing him back somehow. Instead, nope, Melisandre just tries and it works. I guess it's not that hard to bring someone back from the dead.

If next week is the Tower of Joy episode, that's honestly going to be the breaking point for me. If it's not something substantially satisfactory, I don't think I'm gonna' keep my hopes high for this show anymore.

On the topic of scheming characters, the Greyjoys are back to hopefully help fill that void. Also we'll hopefully get to see some of the kids come into their own.

But yeah, the appeal of this series has been the political machinations not the "oh shit shocking twist" moments. You do the same kind of twist too many times and it becomes too stale.