House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

But in all seriousness, I dare someone to tell me again that this series is all about strong female characters while Danaerys is inexplicably braiding her servant's hair and chatting about who fancies who and what boys have in their pants like a fucking schoolgirl.

• Like 2

She's sixteen, that's what they do. :shifty:

Also Cersei, Brienne, Arya, Catelyn, Asha, Ygritte and Sansa 2.0.

And the best one of all, Olenna Tyrell.

• Like 2

She's sixteen, that's what they do. :shifty:

Also Cersei, Brienne, Arya, Catelyn, Asha, Ygritte and Sansa 2.0.

And the best one of all, Olenna Tyrell.

Pretty much all the interesting female characters are holdovers from the books. More or less everything they do in the TV shows that isn't in the books totally cuts their legs out from under them, Cersei being the most obvious victim.

Hell, in that very episode, Ygritte gets an absolutely incomprehensible 'yes she'll happily slaughter a village full of innocent people, but a baby? Her uterus won't let her!' moment.

(Not to mention that Dany's only sixteen when it suits them for her to be)

Well considering that it was consensual in the books if they had stuck with that there probably wouldn't have been a shitstorm about it. People would have probably just went "wow, that's fucked up, boning in front of your dead kid" instead of "wow, that's fucked up, raping your sister like that."

I'll admit I was prepared to roll my eyes at the article, but instead I actually read all of it and there are a lot of salient points there.

Also, ugh, another rape scene? With Sansa this time? For fuck's sake. I was looking forward to the finale because I want to see how everything goes down, but if that little tidbit means there's a rape scene in the finale I'm going to dread it instead of looking forward to it.

Also, ugh, another rape scene? With Sansa this time? For fuck's sake. I was looking forward to the finale because I want to see how everything goes down, but if that little tidbit means there's a rape scene in the finale I'm going to dread it instead of looking forward to it.

I read the article and have seen that quote from her before. However I always took her statement as referring to her mob attack scene in season 2/3 when the Hound saved her at the very last?

I don't think so, given that it's dated from March of this year shortly after she turned 18. And nothing about the scene you're referring to really comes off as "beautifully choreographed". I mean, I hope you're right because for fuck sake let's not have another rape scene.