General Football Thread

Starvinho

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the theories in this thread feel true:

The one about Rotherham never being in league one or the championship but always in both is true.

I'm gonna go with Brighton are just randomly given points throughout the season, they never actually play any games. Pretty sure I looked through our fixtures and we don't play them.

The EFL and Papa John’s have today announced a three-year deal that will see the UK pizza takeaway company become the Official Title Sponsor of the EFL Trophy.

The exclusive partnership, which will run until at least the end of the 2022/23 season, sees the competition, become known as the ‘Papa John’s Trophy’ with immediate effect.  In addition to the title sponsorship, Papa John’s will also be the Official Pizza of the EFL.

I imagine the Papa John's trophy will be like their pizza: painfully mediocre but comes with lots of garlic butter dip.

3 hours ago, Gazz said:

7th at best. 8th if you count the Community Shield as an actual competitive trophy.

You mean the Little Caesar's Deep! Deep! Community Shield.