General Football Thread

Starvinho

Isn't he shagging that reality tv bird?

I was referring to his ability to constantly play for England (and Man Utd to a lesser degree) despite the fact almost everyone thinks he's shit.

Not sure which thread to put this in.

But Guus Hiddink will replace the retiring Louis Van Gaal after the World Cup as Holland manager, with Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Danny Blind as his assistants.

EDIT: Hiddink signed until Euros 2016, Blind will then take over.

• Admin
A supporter of Swedish top-flight club Djurgarden has died from head injuries sustained in an assault before his team's fixture at Helsingborgs.
The incident, on the opening weekend of the Swedish league season, happened about 30 minutes before kick-off.
When news of the man's death spread, Djurgarden fans invaded the pitch.
Referee Martin Hansson took the players back to the dressing rooms in the 42nd minute and the match, which was level at 1-1, was abandoned at half-time.
"Everything is at an acute stage. A person has died during the match and we are in the midst of a criminal investigation," police spokesperson Ewa-Gun Westford told Swedish news website Aftonbladet.
A statement on the Djurgarden website said: "Djurgarden family is mourning. We cannot describe in words what we are feeling right now.
"Our deepest sympathy and our thoughts are with the deceased's family and loved ones."

Non-league football on BT Sport 1 if anyone is interested. I like non-league, endless long balls, full blooded tackles and people with my physique

I get to ocassionally watch the Might Grimsby on there, they tend to show Luton more than anyone else though