General Football Thread

Starvinho

• Admin
The 2014-15 Premier League season will start a week later than usual on 16 August due to this summer's World Cup, it has been announced. Championship, League One and League Two clubs will commence their campaigns on 9 August, with the Community Shield at Wembley the following day.
The 2014 Uefa Super Cup, contested by the the Champions League and the Europa League winners, will be held at Cardiff City's ground on 12 August. The League Cup final will take place on 1 March 2015, while the Football League season ends on 2 May 2015. The Premier League season finishes three weekends later.
The 2015 FA Cup final will take place on Saturday 30 May, with the 2015 Champions League final at Berlin's Olympic Stadium on 6 June.

http://www.thefa.com/news/competitions/2014/apr/2014-15-fixture-list-announced-300414

The key thing here is that we don't have to suffer the round of bullshit international fixtures in mid-August, or at least it doesn't appear that way.

Having the Super Cup so early feels a little weird, I have to say.

• Like 1

They've stopped doing it in Monaco and it's now 'on tour', like other European cup finals. This season's was in Prague.

I guess that shows how much I actually care, didn't know it was in Prague. :P

0,,10268~12812928,00.jpg

Chelsea have won the FA Youth Cup after beating Fulham at Stamford Bridge tonight.

Fulham won the first leg 3-2 at Craven Cottage...but Chelsea won the second 5-3 (after being 2-3 down at half-time) to take the cup 7-6 on aggregate.

Yay, a trophy! :shifty: