General Football Thread

Starvinho

You know, because I'm the kind of loser who just browses about on streetview/Google Earth when I'm bored, I was just entertained by the fact streetview lets you walk around inside Sao Paulo's stadium, including on the pitch. Which is kinda neat.

• Admin

Club Bolivar continue to explore the possibility of fielding David Beckham in their Copa Libertadores campaign.

The Bolivian club have progressed to the semi-final stage of South America's premier club competition.

They will meet San Lorenzo in the last four and intend to tackle that encounter with the strongest possible squad.

President Marcelo Claure hopes former England captain Beckham will form part of those plans, despite his retirement from professional football at the end of the 2012/13 campaign.

Claure is a close friend of the ex-Manchester United and Real Madrid midfielder and claims the 39-year-old has not 'closed the door' on a possible return to competitive action.

He told Pagina Siete: "I have spoken to David about the chance of playing in the latter stages of the Copa Libertadores.

"We shared a beer and, as always when we meet, we said, 'Can we do this?'

"We have never closed the door on this. It's a dream. We all have dreams and the door is always open for having David as a great reinforcement at Bolivar."

While Beckham would be a welcome addition at Bolivar, San Lorenzo vice-president Marcelo Tinelli claims his club would relish the opportunity to line up against a modern day football icon.

He said: "The Copa Libertadores is becoming more interesting every day.

"It would be something very nice to have the chance to play against Bolivar with David Beckham in their squad."

You know, because I'm the kind of loser who just browses about on streetview/Google Earth when I'm bored, I was just entertained by the fact streetview lets you walk around inside Sao Paulo's stadium, including on the pitch. Which is kinda neat.

In a similar vein to this, I've discovered that you can do a very similar thing at the Etihad, except that it's on a matchday, against Man Utd, and the players are warming up on the pitch. I have decided that it is from the 09-10 season.

fBlLKmH.jpg

I've decided that this is Vieira, Adebayor, Zabaleta, Wright-Philips, Stephen Ireland trying to look hard, and my best guess for the other one is Santa Cruz?

UcHNXMY.jpg

R8dQ2Oo.jpg

Bit of a glower there, get back to the bench Kuszczak.

giiOoU8.jpg

You can also stalk Roberto Mancini.

• Like 1