General Football Thread

Starvinho

Yeah, it was televised back when we were in it. Used to have some great Saturday evening games on Sky Sports and then I think it moved to Setanta. Is it on BT now?

I think calling it the National League is good, makes more sense than the "Conference", although I'll struggle not to keep calling it that forever more. Like how my grandad still refers to the Premier League as the "First Division".

Yeah, BT still have it on fairly regularly. Good to keep an eye out for the odd quiet evening/lunchtime game.

I'll be the same, it'll take me a while to stop calling it the Conference. It always throws me when my dad refers to "the old fourth division" but I guess we're at that time when us old timers have to move with the game :'(

Former Cardiff City striker Andreas Cornelius has suffered a horror leg break in action for his club in Denmark.

The giant Dane, who joined the Bluebirds for £8m in 2013, had his season ended by a horror tackle in action for FC Copenhagen at Silkeborg last night.

Cornelius, who returned to his native Copenhagen after his miserable six-month spell in South Wales last year, had been an integral part of his hometown club's Superliga title challenge this season and even scored a Champions League goal against Ukraine's Dnipropetrovsk.

He played from the start at Silkeborg but was carried off on a stretcher on the half hour mark after a mistimed sliding tackle from midfielder Dennis Flinta, who got away with a booking.

Horrific TV images show how a seemingly innocuous challenge fells the 6ft 4in striker but his immediate reaction was to sit up holding his ankle.

There's video footage but I'm not posting it because it's pretty grim. But it's out there if you're interested.

It's a shame too, because he's been playing well since leaving Cardiff. Met him once, nice guy too.

• Admin
Manchester United will defend their International Champions Cup title, the competition in which they set a USA attendance record for a football match.
This summer's competition will include Chelsea, Barcelona, Fiorentina, Porto, PSG, LA Galaxy, New York Red Bulls, San Jose Earthquakes and Club America.
United and Real Madrid attracted a crowd of 109,318 to Michigan Stadium during last year's tournament.
Louis van Gaal's side went on to beat Liverpool in the final on 4 August.
None of the fixtures, dates and venues have yet to be confirmed by organisers.
Last summer's tournament, which featured Manchester City, finished 12 days before the start of the Premier League season.