General Football Thread

Starvinho

From what I can gather Brazil are unlikely to extradite him, which is probably the reason he didn't attend the court case in person. The appeal system is pretty redundant, corruption or new evidence aside it's very rare that a sentence is overturned but as long as he lives out his life within the Brazilian borders, he'll never see a jail cell.

4 hours ago, MadJack said:

And to be fair, it's not just Brazil that does this.

Spain and The UK never had (might not still have) an extradition treaty back in the day. That is why all those blaggers retired on the Costa del Sol. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Baddar said:

I don't fully understand how extradition works, so basically if you're a Brazilian national and commit a horrendous crime in another country, you're unlikely be punished for it? Or do they face some kind of punishment in their own country?

Pretty much the former, he could face a trial in Brazil but it's unlikely given his celebrity status and I'd wager he'd be found not guilty in a Brazilian trial anyway.

• Admin

The former Chelsea and Tottenham manager André Villas-Boas will contest the Dakar Rally in 2018 after quitting as manager of Chinese side Shanghai SIPG.

Villas-Boas, whose uncle took part in the event in 1982, will drive a Toyota Hilux in the 15-day rally which starts in Peru on 6 January and travels through Bolivia before finishing in Argentina on 20 January.

The 40-year-old motorsport enthusiast considered tackling the gruelling race on a motorbike, but was persuaded to switch to the Hilux pick-up and will have fellow Portuguese Ruben Faria as his co-driver.

“I spoke with my friend Alex Doringer, the manager of the KTM team, who told me that I would still need a full year’s preparation to get there and that it was better to consider doing it with a car,” Villas-Boas said.

“So I got in touch with Team Overdrive and here I am!”

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Barry game again on Saturday. They beat Prestatyn 4-0, with my gf's cousin scoring twice, adding to his first Welsh Premier League goal from last week. Both good strikes, too!

Can't make the game tomorrow against Cardiff Met, but they play them again away on the 31st, so me and a few mates are making that short away trip.

FB_IMG_1514193829188.jpg

• Like 2