General Football Thread

Starvinho

1 hour ago, Stardust Gazzenius said:

PSG U12's

noticia-psg.jpg

Reports that Peter Crouch visited Paris 12 years ago have been greatly exaggerated.

frances-PSG.jpg

I don't think attempting to bear hug him off a corner will make any difference.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, MDK said:

Are they using smaller pitches or us his massive frame distorting things?

Smaller pitches, don't go full size till U13. That pitch will probably be 70 yards x 50 yards with 16 foot goals playing sideways across a full size half. Full size is 110x70 with 24 foot goals.

My first away trip with Barry Town ended in a 3-0 loss to Cardiff Met in the South Wales derby where 600 went along to watch. Two shit goals conceded in the first 10mins meant Barry were never really in it as a contest.

Got Connahs Quay and Bala Town coming up before the league splits in two, and despite sitting in 6th at the moment, it's looking like they'll drop to the bottom half as those opponents are 2nd and 4th respectively in the league.

DSC_0041.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

If this is real fair play to Man Utd. That said it doesn't excuse the fact they regularly charge £45 for League Cup tickets when the rest of the Premier League clubs including their city rivals (sorry, superiors) charge about £15, but it's a start. 

• Like 3

Flights and hotels are always a nightmare for European aways. They just end up skyrocketing in price. 

Hopefully the United fans don't have the same problem our fans and Leicester fans did whilst they were there with the heavy handed policing / stewards. 

16 minutes ago, DarylMarrio said:

Leicester fans did whilst they were there with the heavy handed policing / stewards. 

Not justifying the stewards, but tbf some of our supporters didn't help in the slightest, and probably deserved some of it. They're a minority, and we rarely have trouble, but they can be assholes.

3 hours ago, Colly said:

If this is real fair play to Man Utd. That said it doesn't excuse the fact they regularly charge £45 for League Cup tickets when the rest of the Premier League clubs including their city rivals (sorry, superiors) charge about £15, but it's a start. 

I didn't read this too closely at first, but have just seen on the BBC article that they're subsidising their own fans by raising the price of Sevilla fans' tickets to £89. That strikes me as totally against the spirit of what this is all about - the Sevilla fans didn't set these ticket prices, but they will be the ones punished for it. That isn't right at all.

The way United grossly overcharge for cup games is terrible and this just feels like an extension of that to me, another chance to charge fans as much as they possibly can. It's at the point where I actively hope for us to not get Man Utd away in a cup draw as I'll be priced out of going, even though I've never been to Old Trafford and would love to see Rovers play there.

1 hour ago, MadJack said:

I mean how else should United subsidise the different? There is no legitimate reason for hiking the price of a ticket by £35, so if Sevilla fans want to blame a club, they should blame their own.

Yep, I wasn't disputing that. It is obviously Sevilla the club's fault in the first place. But responding to it by making their fans pay more seems petty or at the very least, a good solution aimed at the wrong people.

If Sevilla are subsiding themselves anyway...what's the point? They could have just reduced the original tickets back to a reasonable price and avoided all this nonsense.

• Like 1