General Football Thread

Starvinho

I got the album yesterday after actually finding the sticker book think it was 4 quid for the book and 5 packs. Got one duplicate in it. 

Not gonna go out my way to fill it or spend loads but I did find it therapeutic in a weird way especially as works been horrific with the cases these past two weeks. Found it a bit of good relaxing therapy tbh

• Like 1

I still haven't decided whether to get one or not (moneys still too tight to mention post house move, but it's Finns first World Cup. Like that's a good excuse), but EWB swaps club? 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43601801

Ray Wilkins: Ex-England captain in critical condition in London hospital

Former England and Chelsea midfielder Ray Wilkins is in a critical condition in a London hospital.

St George's Hospital told BBC Sport that the 61-year-old is a patient and "his family have asked for privacy".

His wife Jackie is quoted in the Daily Mirror as saying he had a cardiac arrest and the situation is "very bad".

With the deadline for companies employing more than 250 people to publish details about pay gaps and whatnot, I figured I'd pop how football clubs fare into a spreadsheet because my life is boring.

Highlights:

• Arsenal, Brighton and both Manchester clubs pay women more than men, based off the median hourly rate. Chelsea and Newcastle have no pay gap at all.
  • The Premier League club with the highest proportion of women in the top quartile of pay is Liverpool, with 38.5% of those roles being filled by women. The lowest is Stoke City.
  • Mike Ashley is a cheapskate who doesn't pay bonuses to any at Newcastle. 
  • Women were paid more in terms of median bonus at West Brom and Manchester United - by 5233.3% and 520.7% respectively. The highest median bonus gap in the opposite direction was at Bournemouth where the 0.5% of women employees at the club earnt near almost 100% less in median terms.
  • Lower down the leagues, Derby County pay women more than men in median terms and there is no median wage gap at Notts County and Birmingham City.
  • At only four clubs do women make up a majority of employees in any particular quartile: Scunthorpe (52.9% of the lower middle), Bristol Rovers (54% lower middle), Burnley (55% lower middle), and Birmingham City, where 57% of the bottom quartile was made up of women.

Any gaps in the spreadsheet are due to me not finding anything published - presumably those clubs employ less than 250 people, or they are in breach of the law.

You can't have a pay gap when you pay everyone £7.50 and no bonus.

*taps fat, cockney head*

• 1 month later...