General Football Thread

Starvinho

5 hours ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

I read it as referring to Ozil himself. As in, Ozil has contributed more to his country than he himself could ever dream of.

Hoeness has been eviscerated in that statement anyway, bravo.

That's how I read it to. Ozils agent has absolutely no chill.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Mr Hoeness, we will not waste any more time or energy talking about a subject clearly you know nothing about. Something he does know about though, is the 28.5 million euros in tax he evaded, when he was forced to resign from his role at Bayern Munich and sentenced to prison for his criminal behaviour.

What kind of person does this make him? When he committed this illegal and criminal act, he stole money away from the German society for his own selfish reasons. This money could've helped develop schools and hospitals, but instead went into his own greedy pockets. Not only is he a disgrace to himself, but also and more importantly a shame to German football and the people of Germany.

Ooof.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0724/980670-liam-miller/

So The Gaelic Atheltic Association are coming under a lot of flak for refusing to allow one of their stadiums which can fit 45,000 for a benefit for the family of ex-Man Utd/Celtic/Sunderland midfielder Liam Miller because the GAA's rules prohibit them from hosting foreign games. 

The best part is Damien Duff calling them "a bunch of fucking dinosaurs" over it.

It's all really stupid from the GAA. They'll probably agree to allow the match to take place. I mean, they were fine with using Croke Park (which is one of the biggest stadiums in Europe and they own it) for soccer and rugby when it suited them.

18 hours ago, Hobo said:

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0724/980670-liam-miller/

So The Gaelic Atheltic Association are coming under a lot of flak for refusing to allow one of their stadiums which can fit 45,000 for a benefit for the family of ex-Man Utd/Celtic/Sunderland midfielder Liam Miller because the GAA's rules prohibit them from hosting foreign games. 

The best part is Damien Duff calling them "a bunch of fucking dinosaurs" over it.

It's all really stupid from the GAA. They'll probably agree to allow the match to take place. I mean, they were fine with using Croke Park (which is one of the biggest stadiums in Europe and they own it) for soccer and rugby when it suited them.

I mean, they were paid a lot of money, though I am not sure that has anything to do with it <_< 

Oh of course not! It's not like they had a massive stadium that is only used a few months of the year :shifty:

The GAA must now "further consider" whether or not they'll host the match. This is a very hard decision to help the young family of someone who died of cancer.

The current other option is Turner's Cross which holds 7k people