General Football Thread

Starvinho

“I cannot accept that some people who are blinded by the pursuit of profit are considering to sell the soul of football tournaments to nebulous private funds. Money does not rule – and the European sports model must be respected. Football is not for sale. I will not let anyone sacrifice its structures on the altar of a highly cynical and ruthless mercantilism.”

I mean, I get what UEFA are trying to say, but this kind of hilarious talk from pretty much any football federation.

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Anyone know what channel this is on? Flash Scores says it’s on BT Sport 1, but I don’t see it listed on the guide.

BTSport 2HD Live so my illegal stream says

Might have been said before. But Strivesport streaming can piss off! 😡 Their service is so bad considering what you pay for it.  

• 2 weeks later...

It's gone a bit crazy ahead of the Superclasico Copa Libertadores final second leg between Boca and River:

Sounds like three Boca players have been taken to hospital, one has glass in their eye. Half the team are suffering from tear gas.

Meanwhile, the FIFA president has said that if Boca Jrs refuse to play, they will be disqualified.

Fucking insanity.

They don’t want to postpone it due to TV commitments. Jesus Christ.