General Football Thread

Starvinho

Looking up Irish footballers abroad, I discovered Finnish international Daniel O'Shauhnessy is also a thing.

I love the irishness of his name.

1 hour ago, Colly said:

That one I knew, my new shock is that Josh King is a legit Norwegian. 

There's some proper British sounding names who play for Scandinavian countries like Phillip Billing

Former Bolton Wanderers and Danish national team player Stig Tofting lets one loose on tv.  😂💩 He even gets a comment from fellow analyst about there being sauce with it... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 06/12/2018 at 23:35, TCO said:

There's a Real Betis lad, with an Irish mother who plays for our u17s called Anselmo Garcia McNulty. There's some right wacky nationality combinations in the underage teams in Europe!

Add to this Liverpool's Fidel O'Rourke.

No idea of his heritage but his name is amazing. 

Anybody else watched the Sunderland documentary series on Netflix? Almost finished it, and it's been pretty good. Observations:

• It has the usual sport documentary problems of crowd reaction shots not corresponding to reality i.e. celebrations from different games pieced together.
  • Intro music is a bit wank.
  • How could anyone expect Simon Grayson to motivate a recently relegated side?
  • Chris Coleman talked a good game but was inept when it got difficult. He came across as a lovely man though.
  • In more Wales-related thoughts: Jonny Williams :(
  • Strange that captain John O'Shea is barely featured. 
  • George Honeyman comes out of the squad looking the best. Really passionate about the club.
  • The biggest mug in the whole thing goes to the lad that breaks a camera when the team are 3-0 down to Bristol City.

Look forward to a potential second series, which I believe is being filmed at the moment.