General Football Thread

Starvinho

7 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Still can't find a link confirming this, but it's promising.

I saw it on reddit. Some kind of insider thing, the mods looked at it and think it is legit. So who knows.

21 minutes ago, Baddar said:

That is a coup for them. Guess I'll be watching La Liga for the rest of the season. I think I'll support Getafe or Eibar.

11 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

I’m getting a page not found error on that link, what’s the gist?

ITV will be showing la Liga on ITV4 from this weekend until the end of the season because of reasons.

So the Miami Beckhams are trying to use Ft Lauderdale Lockhart Stadium as a base for a youth team.

Ft Lauderdale fans are more like "Lol, fuck off Beckham, MLS has never been good for this city so we're backing the other guys."

England are playing USA in the SheBelieves Cup at the minute, it's 1-1. I'm not watching but saw Steph Houghton equalise from a free kick inside the area, and when I read the BBC live feed they explained the awarding of that free kick as this:

"Can England hit back immediately? They've got a free-kick inside the area after Ellen White collided with the US keeper."

How does that work? I thought the only ways to get a FK in the area were through a backpass being picked up or a keeper holding onto the ball for too long. Why isn't a foul by the keeper on a striker a penalty here?

I haven't seen it so it might just be badly explained on the BBC but it's confused me and I couldn't find the answer on Twitter.

21 minutes ago, Adam said:

England are playing USA in the SheBelieves Cup at the minute, it's 1-1. I'm not watching but saw Steph Houghton equalise from a free kick inside the area, and when I read the BBC live feed they explained the awarding of that free kick as this:

"Can England hit back immediately? They've got a free-kick inside the area after Ellen White collided with the US keeper."

How does that work? I thought the only ways to get a FK in the area were through a backpass being picked up or a keeper holding onto the ball for too long. Why isn't a foul by the keeper on a striker a penalty here?

I haven't seen it so it might just be badly explained on the BBC but it's confused me and I couldn't find the answer on Twitter.

American keeper picked up a back pass apparently. May have been a collision/being chased down by the English player leading to the keeper picking it up, but it was an indirect FK as a result of a backpass all the same.

• Thanks 1

I haven't seen it but obstruction is an indirect free kick too. I did watch a bit actually and was well confused by the USA shirt names until I googled it. I'd love our men's team to do it just for the fucking hilarity. I reckon John Stones would have Farage. 

Edited by Colly

• 2 weeks later...

Beckham and local media announcing that his club will play in Ft Lauderdale...

The city has to vote on the bid, which hasn't happened yet.

Fucking Beckham probably bribed some people...