General Football Thread

Starvinho

There's reports that Fiorentina captain Davide Astori has been found dead this morning at the team hotel. Looks like he died in his sleep. 31 years old. :(

6 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Only became a father two weeks ago as well.

Pretty much the same age as me. Horrible.

He had a two year old daughter, I don't think he just recently became a father unless I'm mistaken. Not that it makes it any better.

"You have a young wife and family members who are suffering. Your little girl deserves to know that her father was in all respects a perfect person. You were the best expression of an ancient, surpassed world, in which values such as altruism, elegance, education and respect for others, were the masters.

You were one of the best sports figures I came across"

From GiGi Buffon.

Great little story doing the rounds from a non-league game last night. Former Arsenal and Leeds winger Sanchez Watt was about to be awarded a yellow card by the referee in a game for Hemel Hempstead so the ref asked him his name and he said "Watt." Ref asked him for his name again, and again...then sent him off thinking he was sarcastically saying "what?" :lol:.

The opposing captain had to intervene and explain the misunderstanding!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Great little story doing the rounds from a non-league game last night. Former Arsenal and Leeds winger Sanchez Watt was about to be awarded a yellow card by the referee in a game for Hemel Hempstead so the ref asked him his name and he said "Watt." Ref asked him for his name again, and again...then sent him off thinking he was sarcastically saying "what?" :lol:.

The opposing captain had to intervene and explain the misunderstanding!

:facepalm:

Haven't posted about Barry Town in a little while...

Still been attending every home game. They ended Phase 1 of the season in 8th place, meaning Phase 2 will be contested against teams 7th-12th in the table. Sounds like not a great deal to play for, but finishing in 7th (top of the section) puts you into playoffs with the teams who placed 4th, 5th and 6th. Winning the playoffs gets you a Europa League qualifier, so there's still European hope!

A couple of decent wins, including a 4-1 win over Aberystwyth from 1-0 down in the first minute most recently have meant they're top of the section by a couple of points, and with a game in hand. 

No home games for a good few weeks now, but they're away at Carmarthen on Friday night, so I'm hoping to go along with my mate if he can get the time off work.

Here's another picture of my gf's rather handsome cousin, just because. 

FB_IMG_1520446985446.jpg

• Like 2

Non-league refs are at it again! Margate's Jordan Chiedozie was sent off against Leiston for laughing at an opposition player who tripped himself up. Honestly.

Weirdly, the "offending" player's manager is Steve Watt, a similar name to yesterday's non-league bizarre offender Sanchez Watt!

• Like 1