General Football Thread

Starvinho

Hope some of these girls online throwing death threats at him get the book thrown at them. People getting sent to jail for similar stuff on Facebook and Twitter, tis only fair.

• Like 1

I don't care if the guy is popular and annoying, levelling him with a rough challenge in a charity match is just stupid and against the nature of the game.

Rough challenge?

I've hit Summ harder than that on a Saturday morning just warming up...

Fact, that.

Gabby even won the ball.

Anyway..

Aston Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor was the subject of death threats and shocking abuse from One Direction fans after injuring band member Louis Tomlinson.

The pair were playing in Stiliyan Petrov's game for charity at Celtic Park when the 26-year-old forward tackled the singer.

It was a fair challenge from the Villa man, but Tomlinson was injured and his notoriously, er, over-excited fans took to Twitter to send Agbonlahor abuse and threats.

@gabby_10 i will chop your balls off

— louis tomlinson (@zaynoreos_) September 8, 2013

One fan told Agbonlahor she would "chop his balls off," while another threatened to kill him if he didn't apologise.

On leaving the pitch, the boyband star then vomited - further provoking the ire of his loyal band of internet abusers.