What have you been playing this week?

Benji

Spent last night re-starting Blue Dragon since I wiped the last save I had before I got on Live so I could re-earn the achievements (hadn't gotten that far in anyway). Great fun game. The entire world and battle system is simple and logical. Even the movement is satisfying as Shu runs at a high pace. My only issue with it is that the story is very generic and will definately not pull at my heart strings. I feel like if Mistwalker had used Lost Odyssey's level/style of story telling and Blue Dragon's general everything else then they would have blown Final Fantasy's reputation as the top RPG apart.

I've just restarted through Saints Row 2 on my PS3. Spent the majority of my time raiding the streets, and putting as many good cars in my garage as I can.

Also, Insurance Fraud be awesome :D

Do Co Op with Good Eddie on justin.tv, then I can spam both of you with messages. :shifty:

Playing Portal 2. Probably the funniest game ever, in between Cave Johnson, GLaDOS, and the Ricky Gervais-like Wheatley.

Finally made a start on Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. It's pretty fun so far, looks great. I'd played the demo a while back and a few weeks ago traded in some stuff so I could get a preowned US version from some second hand entertainment shop.

It pleases me that it was written by Alex Garland - my favourite movie writer.

I recently found the original xbox so I have been playing alot of gta san andreas as well as raw 2 both are really good, the stand out thing for me was how good the graphics were on san andreas even before the hit of the next generation consoles, I loved the whole story mode of san andreas when I played it all them years ago and would love to complete the story again before my exams but i doubt that will happen.

I loathe the racing levels in LEGO Star Wars; they are a mess and should just off themselves so we can get back to what is fun in LEGO Star Wars: collecting endless amounts of coins.

In between fits of rage over said vehicle levels, I have been enjoying Terraria quite a lot. It is a fun and addictive game.

Nothing yesterday due to work, or today because I've been out - but I played L.A Noire a lot on Thursday, plus Tiger Woods 11 most days in the week prior. I still need to get some of the trophies I want for it, then I'll move on to The Masters (with Tiger stood far in the background banging a whore), which I got for 25 quid off Amazon, because fuck paying the release day price for a golf game.

Playing Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat at the moment might play some PS2 games for the hell of it any suggestions?

Persona 3 FES or Persona 4

Finally made a start on Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. It's pretty fun so far, looks great. I'd played the demo a while back and a few weeks ago traded in some stuff so I could get a preowned US version from some second hand entertainment shop.

It pleases me that it was written by Alex Garland - my favourite movie writer.

:wub: Amazing game.

As for me, I finished up Vanquish on Friday with the exception of the challenges, and played a bit of Fifa yesterday.

MAG. Getting back into it a bit since the PSN's up. The MAG 2.0 update changed things a lot, but for the better. Not thrilled with the idea of character slots being a subscription service, but oh well - I don't intend to get one, so what do I care. In a MAG-related "haha, awesome" moment, this past Friday I was on around 2/3pm and I was in a match with, I swear, two 12 year olds from the same clan - and the entire match, one of them sang "Friday" by Rebecca Black. You have no idea how tempted I was to join in.

Also bought Mass Effect off Steam, so I'm playing that while I wait for my copy of ME2 to arrive

Been playing Age of Empires Online with Plubby (sometimes...), won my first PVP. Also started playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl again, now my Wii is chipped so can play my US copy. Also playing Mortal Kombat on my PS3.

Blue Dragon really is fun. There's something that's missing from it that would make it phenomenal, but the entire battle, skill and field gameplay is absolutely spot on. I think it's just the mediocre story that drags it down. I've just got to the same place I was at the first time I played, so from here on out, it's uncharted territory for me.

I've finished LA Noire so I've done a few case clean ups for the five star ratings, just to see what I missed out on for certain scenes. Not a whole lot barring "The Golden Butterfly".

Looking now at playing either Dead Space or Bioshock, still, as my PS3 game of choice whilst I try and get games completed. Looking more at Bioshock, but I might clean up a bit more on LA Noire before jumping over. I doubt it'll have much re-play value beyond five starring stuff, at least until they start putting new cases up on PSN.

Played a bit more of Mario Galaxy, I think I'm about 70% of the way through the game now? I probably won't bother going for all the extra comet stars and the Hungry Luma stuff. Been enjoying it quite a bit, but I think I'll wait a while before picking up Mario Galaxy 2. Especially seeing as I'll be picking up Zelda: Twilight Princess soon and I doubt I'll play much else whilst I'm beating that, assuming it's as good as it sounds/looks.

Also played some more of Kirbys Epic Yarn. I think I'm 40/50% through that and I'm not enjoying it quite as much as I was at first. It's fun, but there's just something missing. I like how it's not really hard at all, but at the time time it feels like it's lacking somehow.

I really wish I could get back into Dragon Age 2, but I got so quickly disinterested in it and I was only like 20 hours in of what will probably be about a 60 hour game if I do everything. I loved the first one, but the complete lack of any different settings through out the game just bores me now.

Dipped into Valkyria Chronicles again, having had a vague urge to play it for a few days now. Once you've already played through it once though, the story-heavy balance becomes tiresome. Four or five cut-scenes per map = grrr.

Perhaps I'll just dig out Hogs of War. The gameplay's similar-ish. Sort of. :shifty:

Finished BIoshock. Wow.

Got the below games to finish next. Playing Blue Dragon on 360 at the minute, but I need to decide what to try and finish next on PS3. Thoughts?

Started

● Ghostbusters (PlayStation 3)

● [PROTOTYPE] (PlayStation 3)

● Alan Wake (X-Box 360)

● Assassin's Creed 2 (X-Box 360)

● Blue Dragon (X-Box 360)

Unstarted

● Dead Space (PlayStation 3)

● Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (PlayStation 3)

● Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (PlayStation 3)

● Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (PlayStation 3)

● Crackdown (X-Box 360)

● Last Remnant (X-Box 360)

● Lost Odyssey (X-Box 360)