2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

Well, Stuart Pearce said during his press conference that Henderson and Jones had got their deals ''signed and sealed'' but then stopped short of confirming that they'd moved clubs.

A slip of the tongue, perhaps, but I have no idea why neither has been officially announced yet.

Perhaps stuff like Diouf/N'Gog going in exchange still have to be sorted...or the clubs are working on other signings before unveiling them together which is likely since both United and Liverpool are actively chasing players.

Also read that while Gibson and Brown are ready to go, O'Shea is reluctant to make the move so that transfer is being delayed as well.

Edited by The Future

• Admin
Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola will only have have 45 million euros to spend on players this summer.

Barcelona vice-president Javier Faus said the figure reflected a need to reduce the club's debt but added "we don't rule out investing more".

However, unless that were to happen, it makes a move for Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas unlikely this summer.

The European champions could generate extra funds by offloading players such as Bojan, Maxwell and Jeffren.

If enough cash was made through sales, then the Barcelona-born Fabregas could still return to the Nou Camp, where he was a youth player, before the transfer window deadline in August.

Faus added: "The gross debt has been reduced from 532million euros to 483million euros, and the net debt from 431million euros to 364million euros.

"We want to decide our future and to do so we must reduce the debt to acceptable levels.

"This will make Barcelona the most financially solvent club in the world in two or three years."

I know its not really Premier League Transfer discussion, but Liverpool have signed 14-year old Jerome Sinclair from West Brom. I've seen the guy play several times and he is something else.

Also, Albion are close to signing Eiji Kawashima, the Japan keeper who played superb vs. England in the friendly in May last year.

I'm also getting sick of all the Fabregas to Barca talk EVERY DAMN TRANSFER WINDOW. They don't even need the guy. Who's position would he take over? Xavi? Hell no. Iniesta? Lolz no. Busquets? Heck no, is defensively way too important and also excellent on the ball anyway. He can't play as a winger either. They still have Mascherano, Keita, Dos Santos and Thiago for the midfield positions as well. I never really understood Barca's need to sign Fabregas. It seems more like they just want to have him because he's a Barca boy and they lost him early on to Arsenal than that he would actually add something to the team.

Sneijder has "pledged his future to Inter" according to BBC.

"Milan is marvellous, picturesque and full of elegance. I love it,"

"At the moment I am very happy here and I don't see why I should leave."

"There is a family atmosphere at Inter and there are all the ingredients to aim high,"

I still think he'll leave if the right bid for him comes him. (Fergie get your finger out make a bid!)

I'm also getting sick of all the Fabregas to Barca talk EVERY DAMN TRANSFER WINDOW. They don't even need the guy. Who's position would he take over? Xavi? Hell no. Iniesta? Lolz no. Busquets? Heck no, is defensively way too important and also excellent on the ball anyway. He can't play as a winger either. They still have Mascherano, Keita, Dos Santos and Thiago for the midfield positions as well. I never really understood Barca's need to sign Fabregas. It seems more like they just want to have him because he's a Barca boy and they lost him early on to Arsenal than that he would actually add something to the team.

In fairness Xavi's not getting any younger. It might not happen this year but within a few seasons I can see Fabregas happily slotting into that position as long as Guardiola (or the Guardiola method) is still in place. Even if he goes as a 26-27 year old they'll still see the likely prime of his career, and as Fabregas is a Catalan I can't see any way it won't happen eventually.

Edit: I'm not a Catalan...

Edited by Colly

• Admin

Rangers have rejected a second offer from Turkish club Bursaspor for versatile full-back Steven Whittaker. Bursaspor, who signed striker Kenny Miller from the Scottish champions in January, had a bid for Whittaker knocked back earlier this week.

Manchester City defender Jerome Boateng wants to return to the German league by joining Bayern Munich.

The 22-year-old move to City last summer on a five-year deal from Hamburg but has become frustrated at Eastlands.

He wants to play at centre-back and not the right-back slot he usually occupies for City. He said: "It is all about whether I am released. I hope it works.

"Bayern are bigger than City, they are one of the top six teams in Europe. To play for them would be an honour."

A stumbling block over any deal could be the fee for Boateng, whose first season at City was disrupted by injury and limited him to 24 appearances.

His last game for City was on 2 March in the FA Cup fifth round victory over Aston Villa.

Despite City going on to lift the Cup and qualify for the Champions League, Boateng is keen to leave in order to improve his international prospects with Germany.

"I would like to go to Munich. On my side everything is clear," said Boateng.

"I have already told [City manager] Roberto Mancini that I want to play in central defence and not at full-back.

"Bayern have indicated I will play in the centre. To play there regularly is important for me because I will have a better chance of playing in the national team."

Apparently the key behind Sneijder now committing his future to Inter is United and Chelsea both being unwilling to match his extortionate wage demands. Possibly £7m per year NET, but who knows if such figures have any credibility.

Furthermore, very low murmurings of Tevez to Chelsea rumbling up once more.

Not a move that makes much sense. Even if Tevez convinced himself that a move to London would be okay since it's at least better than Manchester, we'd have at most a 12 month 'honeymoon period' before he started whinging about Argentina/Italy/Spain again.

Plus I dread to think what City would charge for him.

Sturridge, Kalou, Neymar?, Lukaku?, Drogba, Tevez, Anelka etc.

Why the fuck would Chelsea sign ANOTHER STRIKER

EDIT: I like how I completely forgot Torres was a Chelsea player too :/

With the exception of Torres though, there's a possibility all of those will be sold (or loaned in Sturridge's case) or haven't signed yet. Lukaku looks nailed on but he's young and probably won't be playing week in and week out. If two of Kalou, Anelka and Drogba leave, they're going to have Sturridge (who will probably be loaned out), Torres, Lukaku and whoever doesn't leave. I can understand why they might be interested in another striker although I doubt it'd be Tevez, it'd more likely be someone who'd be happy to sit on the bench for quite a few games.

Michael Chopra has all but completed a £1.5mil move to Ipswich. With the whole 1.5 going to Sunderland as Cardiff still owed it from the 4mil they paid for him.

Ivar Ingimarsson and Nyron Nysworthy are also heavily linked to complete their free moves to Ipswich over the weekend/early next week. Faris Haroun, a Belguim international is also set to sign.

Sunderland apparently lead the race for Connor Wickham. A bid of £9mil plus add ons for apperances and international apperances, with a percentage of the selling on fee to Ipswich has apparently been made but nothing concrete yet.

Edit: Chopra deal done, 3 year contract. Good buy from Ipswich in my opinion, proven in The Championship and a pretty low price. If he stays fit he can quite easily bag 15-20 goals.

Edited by new_era