2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

Carew's still expecting 60k per week or whatever it was he was on, which no-one that would want him can afford to pay. There isn't too much I agree with Ken Bates on, but I do agree with what he said a few weeks ago: players seem to think because they earnt 60k per week at their previous club that they're entitled to that fee until they retire. They need to remember they're not earning 60k per week any more, they're earning £60 a week jobseeker's allowance.

• Like 2

Carew's still expecting 60k per week or whatever it was he was on, which no-one that would want him can afford to pay. There isn't too much I agree with Ken Bates on, but I do agree with what he said a few weeks ago: players seem to think because they earnt 60k per week at their previous club that they're entitled to that fee until they retire. They need to remember they're not earning 60k per week any more, they're earning £60 a week jobseeker's allowance.

Pretty much spot on.

Whilst I appreciate that they get used to a certain amount of money, 20k a week would still be 20k a week, more than enough to live a bloody good life. Guess they are just holding out on the off chance as much as anything.

We need a left winger for God's sake. I can see how this is going to work, Bruce will stick Larsson on the left probably, that or he has a lot more faith in Colback than I expect - whose still a left footed central midfielder whichever way you cut it. I'm unsold on this to be honest, but that's probably because I've never bought into the 'wingers must be fast and small' belief that seems to be the consensus. Then again if he can beat his man and put the ball in the box then it's a good enough deal.

He wouldn't be the worst signing, especially for only £3million. You never know with the right run of games he could be a very good player, he showed glimpses of it at United last season.

As the days draw closer to our opening-day game vs. Man United, taking into account Odemwingie picked up an ankle injury at some point in pre-season and won't be fit for Sunday's pre-season game vs. Parma (which automatically makes me worry he won't be 100% for United), I'm starting to be weary of the fact we haven't spent any money this summer, bar £1m for Ben Foster on loan, and we really need a striker and another bloody centre back.

I'd just go for Upson right now to be honest, there aren't many better options, in all honesty. Not any that we could afford, anyway.

And as for a striker, fuck AVB for wanting to give Sturridge a chance. And fuck Fergie for doing the same for Welbeck. And fuck Jon Dahl Tomasson for being a crock and retiring, because I thought he would be a cheap option, slowing down a little but a superb finisher, lethal anticipation with a classy touch, making him a fantastic option for a poacher. I thought he was still playing for god sake! >_<

In other news, it looks like Martin Fulop will sign on as back-up goalie for less than half a million, so its not all bad :shifty:

Tomasson hasn't actually played since he injured himself taking a penalty in the World Cup, spent a year injured on our bench before retiring, he wouldn't have left either way.

As the days draw closer to our opening-day game vs. Man United, taking into account Odemwingie picked up an ankle injury at some point in pre-season and won't be fit for Sunday's pre-season game vs. Parma (which automatically makes me worry he won't be 100% for United), I'm starting to be weary of the fact we haven't spent any money this summer, bar £1m for Ben Foster on loan, and we really need a striker and another bloody centre back.

I'd just go for Upson right now to be honest, there aren't many better options, in all honesty. Not any that we could afford, anyway.

And as for a striker, fuck AVB for wanting to give Sturridge a chance. And fuck Fergie for doing the same for Welbeck. And fuck Jon Dahl Tomasson for being a crock and retiring, because I thought he would be a cheap option, slowing down a little but a superb finisher, lethal anticipation with a classy touch, making him a fantastic option for a poacher. I thought he was still playing for god sake! >_<

In other news, it looks like Martin Fulop will sign on as back-up goalie for less than half a million, so its not all bad :shifty:

Marcus Bents available!

• Like 1

Obertan looks like a nice piece of business. He's not looked like a world beater by any means but he's young and surely an upgrade on Wayne "Championship" Routledge. At 3 million and his potential, you can't go wrong really.

In other news John Carew is having a mediacal at West Ham.

Marcus Bent is not and is still available! :w00t: