UFC Undisputed 3

Gazz

PRIDE mode is probably more fun on the demo due to the fact that the round is longer

(1 10minute round for PRIDE, 1 5 minute round for UFC).

Rampage and Wanderlei are on PRIDE mode for the demo while its Jon Jones and Anderson Silva as the UFC fighters. The demo feels alot better than the first two games imo I just think its more fun to play and I like the addition of swaying on the ground makes the ground game more fun and the new submission game feels alot easier and you know if you are actually close to a submission or not.

Yeah, I can't figure out how to successfully get a submission. I locked it in, kept my part over the opponents for most of the hold and he still got away.

That being said, I german suplexed Anderson Silva, so I am pleased.

Okay so I thought the demo was pretty good.

And then I punched Rampage in the stomach, dropping him down onto his hands and knees - actually managing to pop him in the head on the way down (which you could never manage in 2010) - and then I ran forward and soccer kick'd the shit out of his head.

I think I creamed my pants.

Okay so I thought the demo was pretty good.

And then I punched Rampage in the stomach, dropping him down onto his hands and knees - actually managing to pop him in the head on the way down (which you could never manage in 2010) - and then I ran forward and soccer kick'd the shit out of his head.

I think I creamed my pants.

Poor Jade must be so self conscious.

You shush. You shush your mouth. :shifty:

But in all honesty - the demo is a pretty damn good indication of a game that went through some changes that seem minor but make for an all around amazing flow. I didn't come across any instances of my fighter swinging at the air, which was an all too common complaint that I had with the other games. That combined with other minor things like entrances, fighting until the referee pulls you off, the removal of stats decay, PRIDE mode - this is for sure going to be the best MMA game yet.

Nope, new submission system...it's weird. Doesn't seem like it will be possible to get quick submission victories anymore.

Edit: Ha! Love giving knees from the north/south position! How do you do a soccer kick to the head? I figured out how to stomp...

Nope, new submission system...it's weird. Doesn't seem like it will be possible to get quick submission victories anymore.

Edit: Ha! Love giving knees from the north/south position! How do you do a soccer kick to the head? I figured out how to stomp...

Does it use the analog sticks?

It's a concept meant to fix the issue of "how close am I to getting a frigging submission/why did I lose there?"

It includes two different things; an octagon and a bar at the bottom/middle of it. It has nothing to do with "shining".

When you are the defender - your bar fills out the inside of the octagon - the amount of space you take up depends on energy, fatigue, etc. and you use the right stick to move around the perimiter.

When you are the attacker - your bar is the outline of the octagon - and the amount of space you take up is the same, however it slowly starts to shrink - you use the right stick to move around the perimiter as well.

The basic idea is to chase if you are the attacker and move away if you are the defender. When the attacker is able to line up their portion with the other persons - the bar starts to change momentum until you reach full and get a submission.

You really have to try it yourself, it sounds confusing but is actually quite simple. I assume flash submissions will just happen at a low percentage and negate the need for the system altogether.

Another neat thing is the change in the transition system to include an amateur model. I was never good at that and I think I'll be using the amateur model for my casual play.