UFC Undisputed 3

Gazz

Create A Fighter hasn't been touched all THAT much. It is noticeably faster to navigate the menus though, and there have been some additions - it's basically quick and easy to get in, edit and get out.

Career mode really shines though. Oh holy hell it does. They basically realized that the stat decay and checking your fatigue was no fun at all and eliminated it. Instead you have two chances before a match to either train your skills, learn new moves or do a fight plan (basically, you are given parameters - you practice and depending on how you do you get stat buffs and debuffs that last for the match, if you stick to the plan you get to keep some of the buff permenantly). If you take a fight as a replacement, you only get one thing to do before the fight.

But good god it's amazing - it's everything I would want out of the mode. Now that it's refined and if there's a next one, I would just want more random occurances to come up.

Create A Fighter hasn't been touched all THAT much. It is noticeably faster to navigate the menus though, and there have been some additions - it's basically quick and easy to get in, edit and get out.

Career mode really shines though. Oh holy hell it does. They basically realized that the stat decay and checking your fatigue was no fun at all and eliminated it. Instead you have two chances before a match to either train your skills, learn new moves or do a fight plan (basically, you are given parameters - you practice and depending on how you do you get stat buffs and debuffs that last for the match, if you stick to the plan you get to keep some of the buff permenantly). If you take a fight as a replacement, you only get one thing to do before the fight.

But good god it's amazing - it's everything I would want out of the mode. Now that it's refined and if there's a next one, I would just want more random occurances to come up.

Sounds great Apsham.

Also wondering about the mini games. I saw a couple of them including the tire flip, are they hard or are they relatively easy to do? And is there some type of difficulty scaling in those that will make it harder the better you get?

One thing I hated from the old UFC's where mini games that where semi-demanded from you whilst I completely sucked at said mini games and thus never could progress those stats. I got the same with games like fight night.

I just want to be able to finish the mini game without much hassle and improve my dude.

And the game plan, again how easy/hard is it to do them and how easy/hard is it to stick to them in a match? Would I be better off just trying to do the mini games to up my skills or is there a very good reward system in place for following the game plans? Is the permabuff worth it?

I really couldn't figure out how to do the focus pads, I hit all the buttons that were on the screen but the second I stopped punching it said that I failed.. and I threw quite a few punches. Either way, the tire flip is kind of hard to figure out too as far as what kind of transition they want you to do to get on what side, but it's not too bad. I don't THINK they scale but it's basically the same idea where it's the better you get, the more points you'll get.

I only tried the game plan when the tutorial at the start made me. The one I took was agressive - where I had to land more strikes than my opponent, guard against all takedowns and I THINK win by KO. It wasn't that hard to do, but again it kind of depends on who you're fighting. I'm doing pretty good right now just doing training but they still allow stat decrease when you are training something that is low, and it takes points away from something unrelated that is high for proper fighter balancing. It's not bad at all though.

You all suck, and I hate you :angry:

Mainly I hate my local Video store for their tease today.

"Sure, we have UFC 3 in. Come get it in an hour." *walks in an hour later* "Sorry, we can't release it til tomorrow." :huh::wacko::angry:

I think you need to resend my invite, I don't have one :(

Just skimmed right over all those posts about the servers being down, eh?

I assumed you managed to get the invite off before the servers went down, and I also assumed the servers were back up because I was able to browse other camps.

Well, bravo THQ. The servers work again, but I've been removed from the camp, though the camp still exists.

Thus, a new camp has been created: EWB Fightin' Around the World!

Invites have been sent to Ruki and Apsham, and they seem to have definitely sent this time.

• Like 1