The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

What shit Bradley Orr is spewing.

Bully. I thought he came off pretty well, and players have to take responsibility just like the manager and ownership.

Kean will talk some shit though.

HttK is an Arsenal fan when they're doing well.

If by that you mean "since the day they signed Bergkamp" then yes.

I'm a terrible person. I like both West Ham and Liverpool. Being from America made it easy to like more than one side in the Prem.

Very much this. Arsenal is my favorite club in Europe hands down, but I 'like' several clubs. I mean I'll always have spot for FulhAMERICA for instance.

Also, YAY WIGAN !

I'll see that and raise you with;

A blackbird isn't a chicken!

Yeah but Peggy Lee doesn't really enunciate the "d" so it pretty much sounds like "bye bye Blackburn."

Looking at the table and the last days fixtures. I think Villa are safe now. I can't see Bolton and QPR winning.

And I can dream of a 7th place Liverpool can mathematically get but won't. :shifty:

I do feel for Blackburn due to the shite owners situation that a few of us in here will have experienced such as Liverpool with Hicks/Gillett or Leeds with Ridsdale. Even though I don't really like the club I don't like seeing one that is being affected by stuff from behind the scenes. Kean is out of his depth and is completely clueless and the Venkys really don't know how the run a club.

I hope they can somehow get new owners and hopefully rebuild in the Championship and be back in the prem in the future. They do have some players in the squad who look like they give a shit so hopefully they can stick around and help the team in the Championship and try to push for promotion next year.

Looking at the table and the last days fixtures. I think Villa are safe now. I can't see Bolton and QPR winning.

After yesterday, it would have taken a goal difference swing of 16 to take Villa down anyway, even if Bolton win. So it's pretty much dependent on Bolton's result at Stoke whether or not they go down or if QPR go down.

I meant about Kean being the best manager he's ever played for.

Don't get me wrong the rest of the interview was classy but seriously?

Stan Ternent, Brian Tinnion, Gary Johnson, Neil Warnock. I think he may actually have a point!

That reminds me, I will be at that game tomorrow night. Can't wait, even if I am going with a Chelsea fan and am not much expecting a Liverpool victory.

Where about are you sitting? If you've never been to Anfield before I'm telling you now, if you have long legs you aren't going to have the comfiest of nights.

Oh yeah, I had an aisle seat went. So I wasn't too badly off that one time I've been. Plus I was not far from the corner flag, we were just under where Setanta Sports were broadcasting. As it was a rather meh 0-0 draw with West Ham I spent some time looking up at Collymore and I think McManaman watching the game.

We were top of the league at the time too. *sigh*

That reminds me, I will be at that game tomorrow night. Can't wait, even if I am going with a Chelsea fan and am not much expecting a Liverpool victory.

Where about are you sitting? If you've never been to Anfield before I'm telling you now, if you have long legs you aren't going to have the comfiest of nights.

I've honestly no idea other than 'the home end'. And I do have long legs, so can't wait :P.

It can't be any worse than Bramall Lane, so hopefully I'll be okay.

All I'll say is....

Be careful what you post :shifty:

Seriously, fuck Venkys, fuck Steve Kean, fuck Sky & BBC, and fuck Jerome Anderson.

God damn amen!

I also need a name change, and cmb[numbers] actually made me laugh on this shitty night.

Had some brilliant memories of the Premier League, particularly the Dalglish and Hughes years, and knowing that I likely won't get that feeling again any time soon hurts like hell. The fact the over paid pricks have not even tried in the last two games just makes me even madder.

Guest mr. potato head

Hmm, hopefully dull boring Stoke can pull through now. I'm not nuts about QPR but Bolton have never entertained me in any way and I've been hoping for them to get relegated basically as long as I've followed the sport.

Jaaskalainen's cool though. :shifty:

And add me to the Arsenal list, at least until Burnley goes back up or I find another team I like better.

To all the Blackburn fans, I can only imagine how it would feel. I hope I never have to go through relegation, especially with so little hope for the near future.

Hopefully you'll halt the slide in the Championship and come back soon. The Premier League needs Blackburn and you've been seriously screwed over this year by the board and ownership.