The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

• Admin

Plus I get to hold the shift key down instead of releasing it! <_<

Anyway, stupid discussion. Who does everyone think the first managerial casualty will be? I'm not convinced that Warnock will be given that much of a stay of execution should QPR start off on a bad run.

Warnock is a good shout. I dunno about first but I think this could be the season Moyes and Everton part company, and I'm pretty confident Mancini won't be at Man City at the start of next season.

I've got a strong feeling that under Hodgson we can push for a top-half finish this season. If we spend, which after July 1st, I can see happening (nothing crazy but perhaps 10 million to get 2-3 solid players in - ideally a striker, a winger and a goalkeeper), then I will say that 10th place is a realistic finish for us. I think this is the perfect job for Hodgson and we are the perfect club for him to be at - he'll be working under a chairman who likes to save, with a sporting director who is good at finding brilliant bargain players (ODEMWINGIE AND MULUMBU) and on a budget that makes room for soom good signings every summer.

But 1.) We've gotta keep Odemwingie. He started contract talks today, and I'm optimistic we can keep him.

2.) We need to keep Mulumbu - after Bayern had two bids rejected it seems he will stay.

3.) Hodgson needs to work on the defence this summer. Since he came in the defence has been great, but I can see us dropping points if they got complaicent. Hodgson needs to establish competition in the ranks, back there.

...from Rafa to Martinez who hasn't really done that much of a job with Wigan? I am quite unimpressed. Maybe Rafa wanted too much money and control? Who knows. I wouldn't say Martinez won't do a good job there, but I'd certainly look at many other candidates before his name came up.

We're not just in for him. As a club we do things the right way, he was obviously being considered and we wanted to chat. So we went down the official route. Whelan decided to talk about it. I imagine we're still interviewing possible managers. Rafa stuff is interesting, a Villa insider says the Villa board found the "Sky sources" to be funny - and of course - wrong. Also seen in articles he wanted 60m? But of course, I think it's all bullshit.

As a club we're tight on media leaks. So most of the stuff being spread around is made up and based on speculation.