Electronic Entertainment Expo 2011 (E3)

King Ellis

Just like every other major Nintendo announcement in the last few years, I am totally perplexed as to whether this is brilliant or completely fucking insane or both.

• Like 2

Just like every other major Nintendo announcement in the last few years, I am totally perplexed as to whether this is brilliant or completely fucking insane or both.

It's both. And it's going to be amazing - I'll go on record know as saying this is the most exciting console development in years.

It's both. And it's going to be amazing - I'll go on record know as saying this is the most exciting console development in years.

Well, iPad and Apple TV (or a HDMI out) sort of Work like that with your TV already. Just without the buttons but with portabilety and a bigger screen. I bet it will work out somehow.... but still clearly winning this years WTF badge.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Half the stuff they showed was just stuff Wii already does, with more visuals. Big deal, you can put your controller on the ground and see the ball as if you were standing over it when golfing. That doesn't impact game play. The throwing stars is the same thing, it's just an added visual to a game play technique you were already performing. That's not impressive, that's just unnecessary.

So it's they're basically they've caught up with PS3 and Xbox 360 hardware after over half a decade, but they've got an oversized and I assume overpriced controller with a screen?

Am I supposed to be impressed?

Okay, all that stuff does look pretty cool, but I am still slightly put off by the controller. I can't imagine the controller is easy to use if you don't want to use the screen.

I was completely out until that last montage there. Looks like developers are in on this. I'm at least interested now.

The question is, was it a Wii Games add or do you actualy need the WiiU? Buy a (or several?) Tablet PC Controlers that are not portable so you can play games on Wii that need a controler with a few more buttons? I don´t think so.

Opening up the Wii to more "core gamers", maybe.