Electronic Entertainment Expo 2011 (E3)

King Ellis

My problem with these Kinect games... is that you don't seem to do anything but move your arms around to win. You don't control where you go, how you get there, what weapons you use or anything like that as far as I can tell. It'd be fun for a while, until eventually you realise every game has about as much freedom as Time Crisis.

"Stand in front of Kinect in order to get your realistic Avatar!"

*Takes photo*

"You...you appear to be naked."

Scan in your favourite objects? Yep, same joke applies for that too.

It really is, as a peice of technology and seeing what people do with it is amazing. Even in the hands of joe public (at least those who are able to hack it and what not) but yeah, gaming not so much.

Kinect would be awesome for a computer set up. Like, short of holograms that's the closest we'll ever get to sci-fi levels of computer awesomeness.

GameTrailers has the Mass Effect 3 Kinect thing up. The commands stuff is pretty fucking cool, but the talking to respond to characters seems pointless when Shepard doesn't actually say what you say.

Well, I already yell out what phrase my friend should choose when he's playing Mass Effect 2, so I guess I'll be playing for him in Mass Effect 3. Or, I could shut up, but where is the fun in that?

Never thought Id see the day I'd say I want to buy a PS3 because I am a video gamer and not an entertainment junkie...Microsoft really is pushing less and less games to make the system worthwhile for a single person at times...

A recent study has shown that 40% of activity on the 360 is non-gaming related, they're simply catering to their audience. It's not like Sony is a stranger to this (built-in DVD and Blu-ray players), but they just don't do it as well as MS does. With that in mind, I think the Playstation brand is in danger of becoming something like Nintendo... minus about 35 million in hardware sales. They have great first party titles, no argument there, but why is the average consumer going to go for the PS3 when all the AAA Titles are also on the 360, which is the the heart of your media consumption? Of course, the PS3 can be that too, but Sony isn't selling it as such and with the disastrous PR the company has been receiving in the last five years, perhaps they should rethink that.

Never thought Id see the day I'd say I want to buy a PS3 because I am a video gamer and not an entertainment junkie...Microsoft really is pushing less and less games to make the system worthwhile for a single person at times...

A recent study has shown that 40% of activity on the 360 is non-gaming related, they're simply catering to their audience. It's not like Sony is a stranger to this (built-in DVD and Blu-ray players), but they just don't do it as well as MS does. With that in mind, I think the Playstation brand is in danger of becoming something like Nintendo... minus about 35 million in hardware sales. They have great first party titles, no argument there, but why is the average consumer going to go for the PS3 when all the AAA Titles are also on the 360, which is the the heart of your media consumption? Of course, the PS3 can be that too, but Sony isn't selling it as such and with the disastrous PR the company has been receiving in the last five years, perhaps they should rethink that.

Well, they claim they have learned their lesson with PS3 and PSP Go... let´s see how much the PS Vita will cost. All in all i belive a lot of Nintendos triumpf lies in the combonation of "cheap" hardware and a gigant game library. (wich they are about to give up with excluding all the old games to be able to resell them online :-/ )

Obviusly sony would have been a lot stronger if the PS3 had not started at three times (?) the price of wii and canned PS2 suport shortly after. Dossent realy matter how much you loose on a console if it causes you and your developers to sell a shitton of games.