The Carling Cup 2011/12 Thread

Starvinho

Tottenham's team against Stoke should see the return to fitness of Gallas and Sandro. Which is nice. Should also include Van der Vaart, Corluka, Pav, Bassong and Gomes along with a few of the better yound players...which will be nice.

Tom Carroll was really good against PAOK so hope he gets some game time.

Seems Chelsea will continue their 'youngsters' approach to the Carling Cup this season. Lukaku, McEachran, Bertrand and Romeu are said to be starting tomorrow night. Drogba will also play a part (but don't know if as a sub).

Lukaku hat-trick, please. :shifty:

It's because there might be kiddies around so I can't call you dirty filthy red cunts (Y)

But yeah, Leeds fans call Man Utd scum, Tottenham fans call Arsenal scum, Newcastle fans call Sunderland fans scum, hell Huddersfield/Bradford/Barnsley/Hull fans call Leeds fans scum and I'm sure there are thousands more examples. It's not like it means owt.

It's because there might be kiddies around so I can't call you dirty filthy red cunts (Y)

But yeah, Leeds fans call Man Utd scum, Tottenham fans call Arsenal scum, Newcastle fans call Sunderland fans scum, hell Huddersfield/Bradford/Barnsley/Hull fans call Leeds fans scum and I'm sure there are thousands more examples. It's not like it means owt.

mackems tends to work just fine. Anyway its dull trying to work out who the fuck you're talking about so can't we keep it civil?

• Like 2

This is everything that is wrong with football fandom. I realise it's light hearted in that case (at least the cunt comment is, give in with the scum bollocks already) but this kind of shit is all too prevalent in football. Hey, you support a different football team? You're scum. Might as well say, 'Hey, you like bananas but I think they're shit. You're a cunt.'

I know I'm a minority but despite being a Newcastle fan I actually want to see Sunderland and, to an extent, Middlesbrough do well. I don't consider them 'scum'. Hell, half my family are mackems. What good is a Tyne-Wear derby if the Mackems are wank? Or if we're wank? Much more fun if the two teams are actually talented and going to provide a good football game. Or at least be at the same level. For example, we're both a pile of wank at the moment. 4th place, withstanding, because we all know that won't last.

Look at City/United. That game suddenly means something again because City are really stepping up as a team (whatever the means). But guess what? Nobody in Manchester truly gives a shit about the Utd/Leeds game outside of 'fucking Leeds cunts' because Leeds are a shadow of their former selves.

Edited by Pepsi Twist
  • Like 2

Yup, there's only two games a year I want to see Sunderland lose, otherwise I'd be delighted if we both finished top half. I work with mackems and there's banter of course (when we went down the only football fans at work were mackems and Hull fans. Depressing) but Scum is the sad preserve of the jobless losers who stand outside either station on a derby day to cause bother and not actually go to the match.

• Like 2

I don't even know where to begin. If anyone seriously takes offence to the term "scum" when used to refer to a football team, grow the fuck up. I've got nothing against Man Utd fans, like you with Sunderland supporting family, I have Man Utd supporting family, I'll call them scum fans too, and they'll call me a scum fan in turn. It's banter, nothing more, if I go on my Facebook now, I bet the wall is flooded with Leeds fans calling Man Utd scum and vice versa but there'll be no-one taking offence.

But yeah, whatever, I'm going to call them scum because that's what I call them.

Except I don't strive to do so, I naturally call them scum in the same way I call Tottenham "Spurs", if anything I make an effort not to refer to them as scum on here. You know what, let's just leave it here and not continue this rather trivial argument.