The Carling Cup 2011/12 Thread

Starvinho

Sky Sports News are showing goals now.

Spent the first half of our game in IKEA brilliantly, 1-0 when I was in there, 1-1 on the radio as I shifted my car to throw gear in, 2-1 up as I pulled away, 2-2 in KFC (it was late, hungry!), 3-2 once back in the car with my brother flashing his headlights behind in celebration, 3-3 halfway home, Coloccini winner just before I got in, cue headlights, horn, and a celebratory 5 dream team points hand raise...

IKEA and car match, yay!

Edited by Colly

lol, Matt. Oh wait...

Nah, fair play, outplayed and outclassed by a better team. I don't think we deserved the 3-0 first half, the only difference was the quality in the finishing, but second half they could've had 4 or 5 if they'd put their mind to it. That might be scum's second and third string but that team would still probably come top half of the Premier League, they kept the ball exceptionally. The atmosphere in the pub was awesome, can only imagine what it was like in Elland Road, hopefully we're seeing those matches twice a season sooner rather than later.

Berba at centre back was veru surreal, but I don't think he played great up top. He dropped nicely and played some neat football, but he did look quite lazy at times. And I've never really seen too much to the argument that Berba's a lazy forward, but he certainly wasn't going all out like I assumed he would in order to impress Sir Alex. Thought Owen was brilliant in the first half and United played some really nice football. Shame Leeds couldn't peg one or two back in the second half to make it a bit more interesting.