Blackburn Rovers v Leyton Orient or Bristol Rovers

Swindon Town or Southampton v Charlton or Preston North End

Everton v West Brom

Crystal Palace or Wigan v Middlesbrough

Aston Villa v Bolton Wanderers

Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur

Ties played week commencing 19 September

• Admin
Swindon manager Paolo Di Canio had a bust-up with one of his own players on the pitch after their Carling Cup loss to Southampton.

Leon Clarke first rowed with a fitness coach, before Di Canio stepped in and asked the striker to leave the field.

Swindon chairman Jeremy Wray said Clarke refused, and the pair then became involved in a physical row.

The dispute continued down the tunnel, and afterwards Clarke, 26, went back on to the pitch in protest.

Wray said he had launched an investigation into the incident intially involving Clarke and fitness coach Claudio Donatelli.

He told BBC Wiltshire: "Leon and the fitness coach were having words after the game.

"I think Leon felt he had given his all and his legs were heavy because he had been given in awful lot of running to do.

"The fitness coach's view was that he had done well and that was because of the training. It seems trivial but that argument has blown up.

"Paolo was concerned these discussions should be held behind closed doors and went to him to get him into the dressing room but Leon didn't want to go down."

Manager and player were then seen in a physical confrontation in the tunnel area.

Wray said he couldn't comment about what "went off in the tunnel" until he had obtained all the facts.

The chairman went back onto the pitch to speak to Clarke who he said was "shocked and angry".

"I checked whether he was going down the tunnel to shower and change but he left separately," he said.

"He should've come off the pitch when asked to by the manager.

"Clearly it wasn't dealt with in the right way."

Clarke only joined the club from QPR 11 days ago.

That'll surely be one to look out for on Youtube!

I know I'm late but I'm not at all happy with this draw. 1) I'm skint, so I can't afford to go. 2) We're not going to do them twice in a row and I quite like the fact we still have the bragging rights. >_< if we won, I'd laugh my bollocks off, but it won't happen.

Out to Aldershot 2-0. Shame, had Carlisle won they had a home match with Rochdale and a serious chance at a money spinner if they got through then. Probably would have got Southampton away or something mind.

Good ole Carling Cup, because England need two domsetic trophies unlike most other leagues.

Swindon manager Paolo Di Canio had a bust-up with one of his own players on the pitch after their Carling Cup loss to Southampton.

Leon Clarke first rowed with a fitness coach, before Di Canio stepped in and asked the striker to leave the field.

Swindon chairman Jeremy Wray said Clarke refused, and the pair then became involved in a physical row.

The dispute continued down the tunnel, and afterwards Clarke, 26, went back on to the pitch in protest.

Wray said he had launched an investigation into the incident intially involving Clarke and fitness coach Claudio Donatelli.

He told BBC Wiltshire: "Leon and the fitness coach were having words after the game.

"I think Leon felt he had given his all and his legs were heavy because he had been given in awful lot of running to do.

"The fitness coach's view was that he had done well and that was because of the training. It seems trivial but that argument has blown up.

"Paolo was concerned these discussions should be held behind closed doors and went to him to get him into the dressing room but Leon didn't want to go down."

Manager and player were then seen in a physical confrontation in the tunnel area.

Wray said he couldn't comment about what "went off in the tunnel" until he had obtained all the facts.

The chairman went back onto the pitch to speak to Clarke who he said was "shocked and angry".

"I checked whether he was going down the tunnel to shower and change but he left separately," he said.

"He should've come off the pitch when asked to by the manager.

"Clearly it wasn't dealt with in the right way."

Clarke only joined the club from QPR 11 days ago.

That'll surely be one to look out for on Youtube!

http://yfrog.com/nq77vz

;)

• 3 weeks later...

So apparently:

Scum squad for tomorrow

Lindegaard, Amos, Fabio, Jones, Evans, Giggs, Park, Carrick, Fletcher, Valencia, Owen, Berbatov, Macheda, Diouf, Pogba, W Keane, James, Brown, M.Keane, Thorpe, Fryers.

NOT in the squad

Rooney, Young, Nani, De Gea, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Anderson, Hernandez, Welbeck, Rafael, Cleverley, Gibson & Kuszczak

After Diouf I haven't a clue who any of those players are, which is a bit disappointing because it means even if we win I'll have to put up with pathetic "reserves"/"youth team" excuses. Still, not to worry, if Naylor can keep Rooney in his back pocket, I'm sure Bromby can keep Owen quiet.

Are you going, Matt? You wanna be careful, your Macheda fever might flare up again.

My mate has (or at least had) a spare ticket but it's 38 quid, which when you throw in the train ticket is pretty much every penny I have... I'm tempted but I get the feeling if I go, I'm going to be spending the last of money on watching us getting hammered by scum reserves.

Also har-har.

So apparently:

Scum squad for tomorrow

Lindegaard, Amos, Fabio, Jones, Evans, Giggs, Park, Carrick, Fletcher, Valencia, Owen, Berbatov, Macheda, Diouf, Pogba, W Keane, James, Brown, M.Keane, Thorpe, Fryers.

NOT in the squad

Rooney, Young, Nani, De Gea, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Anderson, Hernandez, Welbeck, Rafael, Cleverley, Gibson & Kuszczak

After Diouf I haven't a clue who any of those players are, which is a bit disappointing because it means even if we win I'll have to put up with pathetic "reserves"/"youth team" excuses. Still, not to worry, if Naylor can keep Rooney in his back pocket, I'm sure Bromby can keep Owen quiet.

Pogba is awesome, he picked up a knock last week so he might not start though but Fergie is apparently very high on him. Will and Michael Keane are another set of twins in our ranks, both should play some part too I reckon. Owen and Berbatov to start I'd say too.

So apparently:

Scum squad for tomorrow

NOT in the squad

After Diouf I haven't a clue who any of those players are

Well can't help you on most but I assume James is Matt James, was at Preston last season and looks pretty decent. Though could easily be someone else I guess...and Brown must be Wes' brother Reece, who i actually thought was still on loan at us. If it is him, he's shite. And if it's not him, well then he's still shite really.