Your first CD/Cassette/Record

VerbalPuke

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First CD I had was given to me and it was N'Sync. First that I picked out and bought was Papa Roach's Getting Away With Murder.

I remember one of the first things I taped off my friend Justin..who taped it off another friend, was Operation Ivys "Energy" Fugazis "13 Songs" Dead Kennedys "Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables" and Crass..

Well..aside from the TMNT On Tour cassette I got from Pizza Hut :shifty:

I posted it in the other thread that it was Addicted to Jesus by Carman, who at the time was probably the biggest Christian singer in the country. A few years later he put out this ridiculous "cool kids in the 90's" album called Yo Kidz!, which I got and which cemented my status as the coolest motherfucker in that whole church.

My first cassette that I remember getting was Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap by AC/DC.

The first CD's came on...my 12th birthday I think? Anyway, my sister got them for me and it was the soundtracks to Twister, Mission Impossible, Independence Day, and Eponymous by REM.

I wasn't much of a CD collector, thanks to technology. Why buy when I could download? :shifty:

First CD single was "Ain't Talkin' Bout Dub" by Apollo 440.

First three CD albums were Alisha's Attic, Alanis Morissette and Third Eye Blind.

No idea what my first cassette was (probably a NOW album) but my last cassette single was this beauty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1wvtGOBV-g

I got a lot of stuff passed down my father and older brothers, so my first cassettes were a Motorhead best of, and some copied tapes of Nirvana, Green Day, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and the first Foo Fighters album. First CD I ever actually bought myself was something by White Zombie.

I'll go into a bit more detail on mine I suppose - it's just simply that I went to a relatives yard sale and picked up a whole bunch of things that I thought happened to be awesome, including a whole bunch of National Geographic hard bound special edition books... and Ropin' The Wind by Garth Brooks. Man, I played that cassette all the damn time.

I always claim that Limp Bizkit's Chocolate Starfish was my first album for my 12th birthday ten years ago. I guess it's not strictly true, though, but it's still my first proper album (in before obvious jokes).

When the Power Rangers theme was released as a single I had that on cassette which must've been about 1995.

I bought the Men In Black by Will Smith single on CD in 1997. And I also bought WWF The Music 4 in 1999, WWF Aggression in 2000 and WWF The Music 5 in 2001, all before Limp Bizkit.

As far as i remember my first album i ever bought was "St.Anger" by Metallica. I had never listened much music before that, but turning 13 around that time and seeing the St.Anger video was coolest thing ever back then. <_<

As much as i like the band even i think that most of that album was a complete trainwreck.

Edited by The Sandman

I remember buying R Kelly 'Gotham City' and Michael Jackson 'History' (the single) on cassette.

I don't remember my first CD's for definite, but remember getting bought Eminem 'The Slim Shady LP' and RHCP 'Californication' by my Dad. First CD I remember buying was Savage Garden's self titled first album.

Guest JukeboxHero

The first album I bought was "Cracked Rear View" by Hootie and the Blowfish. I saw Darius Rucker in concert this past summer and it took me back when he busted out some old Hootie tunes.

First CD given to me was a Bryan Adams album.

First CD that I went into a store and bought was (unwisely) A Maroon 5 album.

Gladly I've gotten better taste since my first buy.

Reading threads like this occassionally makes me feel a little old - and I'm sure plenty of other people too.

But just imagine a couple of years down the line when we'll be discussing "What was the first mp3 you bought?"

But just imagine a couple of years down the line when we'll be discussing "What was the first mp3 you bought?"

Am i the only one who's never bought songs on mp3? Because, no one that i know is buying CD's anymore except me. There's just something on getting the albums and browse the booklets than getting a mp3 on my computer screen. I'm probably gonna buy all of my music on CD as long as they keep releasing it on that format.

Edited by The Sandman

Am i the only one who's never bought songs on mp3? Because, no one that i know is buying CD's anymore except me. There's just something on getting the albums and browse the booklets than getting a mp3 on my computer screen. I'm probably gonna buy all of my music on CD as long as they keep releasing it on that format.

I've never bought an mp3. I always buy CDs, as I like owning the physical thing.