2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

Do you think there may be even a slight possibility that you may be seeing all of this through rose-tinted spectacles, Chase?

Sure, that's why I go out of my way to make sure I'm being impartial when I write about the team.

I will readily admit that my reaction is sometimes affected by the initial reaction from the rest of you guys.

But just because I'm the only one who dissents doesn't mean I'm wrong.

I'm sure there are people on this board who look at things the exact opposite way when it comes to the Steelers, or the same way when it comes to their team.

But perhaps they aren't as abrasive as I am when making their points.

Lets look at it this way. If a player was always getting flags for being offside or whatever you wouldn't say "oh well, god love him, he just doesn't understand the rules and can't help the way he plays." The expectation would be for that player to modify how they played to be within the rules.

If leading with your helmet is illegal then don't lead with your helmet. Learn to play with your head up. If every other player in the league can manage to do it there is no reason why one single player needs to be protected. If they continue to flaunt the rules they need to be punished. Especially if it's for something the league is desperately trying to eradicate.

If his actions can lead to a player needing to miss time due to injury then he needs a suspension, easy as.

Take him off the field for 5 weeks and see if he still 'can't help it'.

• Like 1

I don't get how MNF schedules just about every team regardless of quality. I know it's on cable, but come on.

I'm pretty sure somewhere in the CBA it dictates a maximum amount of prime time games a team can have and that is why we end up with lower tier match ups. Given how bad that division was last year and no one was really expecting the 49ers to take off the way it did at the time that schedule was made this was a pivotal divisional game.

Wow, if you ever needed evidence that you're not allowed to hit Tom Brady, look no further than the bullshit unnecessary roughness penalty that was just called. London Fletcher just got called for a forearm to Brady's head, when he wasn't anywhere near his head.

Here's London Fletcher's vicious and terrible forearm to the head of Tom Brady

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv1f37dVNZ8

Best angle starts at the 40 second mark, that way you can really see how it's a completely clean hit where Fletcher isn't anywhere close to Brady's head.

That was a devastating blow by Fletcher. He made Brady's side mildly uncomfortable as a result of that hit Maxx! We must protect the Golden Boy. Amazingly enough, Fletcher was able to hit a sliding QB cleanly on the side without using his helmet. It's almost like pro football players can hit moving targets correctly, but I know that's not true because Chase said so :shifty:

• Like 8

That was a devastating blow by Fletcher. He made Brady's side mildly uncomfortable as a result of that hit Maxx! We must protect the Golden Boy. Amazingly enough, Fletcher was able to hit a sliding QB cleanly on the side without using his helmet. It's almost like pro football players can hit moving targets correctly, but I know that's not true because Chase said so :shifty:

That's not what I meant but let's not let facts get in the way of our argument, eh?

Rather than drag this thread down any further I will refrain from restating my point.

-----

Fuckin' Bengals. Every time I root for them they end up losing. Though I guess that's how Bengals fans always feel.

As for Harrison, I've thought about it and since this hit was illegal, I can't really argue any punishment he gets from the league. Even if three of his fines last year were absolute bullshit. Strangely enough, his most egregious play all season last year was the one fined the least.

The league is considering a suspension for Harrison according to ESPN.

Bengals likely capitulated away a playoff berth today and the Titans loss to the Saints puts them clearly on the outside looking in. Raiders are going to lose and Broncos are down, so we're set for the familiar five four in the playoffs from the AFC again.

Oh and Colts are 1 more game away from sealing the deal on Andrew Luck.