2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

I think the Rooney Rule is hilarious, it's designed to combat racism but is racist in itself by essentially allowing some coaches to get an interview solely because of their ethnicity a lot of the times. Wasn't Perry Fewell interviewed for almost every vacant Head Coach role last year and got none of them?

The idea was to get minority candidates in the door and it has worked. Marvin Lewis was mentioned for how many openings before he finally got a shot? Same with Romeo. Heck, Tomlin is the poster boy for that rule. Weren't the Steelers going to name Wisenhunt as the coach but were blown away by Tomlin in the interview?

It was actually Grimm I believe, but yes they were absolutely blown away by Tomlin during his interview.

I believe I remember reading that Ron Rivera had a dozen interviews for various head coaching gigs. After that many interviews, you'd have to wonder what the teams are or aren't seeing to decide the guy's not the one to hire.

James Harrison has been suspended one game for a totally legal and fair hit that just proves the league is out to get him.

What part of the hit was legal or fair?

Yea..think he was making fun of ECK..

James Harrison has been suspended one game for a totally legal and fair hit that just proves the league is out to get him.

What part of the hit was legal or fair?

Yea..think he was making fun of ECK..

Didn't see who made the post. Thought it was someone new.

I think the Rooney Rule is hilarious, it's designed to combat racism but is racist in itself by essentially allowing some coaches to get an interview solely because of their ethnicity a lot of the times. Wasn't Perry Fewell interviewed for almost every vacant Head Coach role last year and got none of them?

The idea was to get minority candidates in the door and it has worked. Marvin Lewis was mentioned for how many openings before he finally got a shot? Same with Romeo. Heck, Tomlin is the poster boy for that rule. Weren't the Steelers going to name Wisenhunt as the coach but were blown away by Tomlin in the interview?

It was actually Grimm I believe, but yes they were absolutely blown away by Tomlin during his interview.

It may have been Grimm but I was remembering Whisenhunt because they brought that up when the Cardinals/Steelers played in the Super Bowl. Point still stands though. I don't think someone like Tomlin would have gotten the job when he did prior to the rule being in place.