2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

I thought they were a little slow on stopping the clock during that final Patriots possession. It seemed like the clock ran an extra 4 seconds or so each time it was supposed to stop. Those extra ten seconds or so most likely wouldn't have made much of difference, but I'll bitch about them anyway because I hate the Giants.

Eh, too much is made of "In Peyton's House" It's not like he had the opportunity to play for a Super Bowl there. Random chance that the game happened there. Eli's got more rings, doesn't matter where he got them. Hell, it probably worked out better that it was in Indy, because Colts fans hate the Pats, so it was like a Giants home game.

World champion? America is silly.

I'm British but :rolleyes:

Do people have to say shit like this every year?

"THE WORLD SERIES?! BUT IT'S ONLY AMERICAN TEAMS, WTF MANNNNN"

Isn't the World Series thus called due to its (possibly previous) sponsorship though? Whereas this is winning a domestic competition which doesn't even have 'world' in its title.

Edit: and google tells me that's an urban myth. Oh well, its still silly.

Edited by Colly

Isn't the World Series thus called due to its (possibly previous) sponsorship though? Whereas this is winning a domestic competition which doesn't even have 'world' in its title.

I'm not arguing the point, it's just dull hearing the same shit every year.

• Like 3

You're making a run at the title of "World's Best Pointlessly Argumentative Idiot" It's not a domestic competition, so don't worry.

You're making a run at the title of "World's Best Pointlessly Argumentative Idiot" It's not a domestic competition, so don't worry.

I'm not pushing the point (I'm barely making a point other than Superbowl is a cool enough word without World Champions added) but how is it not a domestic competition?

I'm not bothered if they wanna call them the World Champions, I highly doubt the London Blitz are going to be demanding a match with the Giants to prove who the REAL World Champions are any time soon are they?

I don't get to watch the NFL as much as I'd like, but that was a thrilling match, I absolutely loved it. The 4th quarter was terrific, and pulling for the Giants I have to say I loved it when Blackburn made that interception, and when Manningham caught that pass. Brilliant stuff.

• Like 2

I'm not pushing the point (I'm barely making a point other than Superbowl is a cool enough word without World Champions added) but how is it not a domestic competition?

I meant World's Best Pointlessly Argumentative Idiot, isn't a domestic competition. They're the best football team in the world, they can be called world champions.

• Like 2

I meant World's Best Pointlessly Argumentative Idiot, isn't a domestic competition. They're the best football team in the world, they can be called world champions.

ahem...

Spain-win-World-Cup-spain-national-football-team-13769923-800-600.jpg

• Like 3