So, which games are you going to buy?

Liam

I am required to buy Skyrim at all costs.

After that I am required to buy Brink and Deus Ex (because Brink here is Japanese only and Deus Ex got delayed). Then I have to buy the ICO collection, Uncharted 3 and the Metal Gear Solid HD collection. Thing is, I need to get all these games from the UK which kind of sucks.

Other games on the horizon are Mass Effect 3, Hitman and Tomb Raider. Assassin's Creed always goes over well with me too.

I have both ICO and Shadows of the Colossus in their limited edition card box form but hey, can't actually play them on my console any more so a beautiful re-release that I can actually play is a must.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the immediate future, possibly still Dead Island if I can come across the right deal for it. Around Black Friday if it gets cheap enough I can fathom FIFA '12 and Deus Ex. I have The Old Republic on preorder so when it comes out, I'm there (unless it's too powerful for my laptop, in which case I will cry). Probably Mass Effect 3 around the time of its release since I assume I'll have finally played and beaten 2 by then. Arkham City I'll get when it's cheap on eBay. If Sonic Generations actually reviews well I could give it a shot. And I really do want a Nintendo 3DS and Mario Kart 7 but god knows when I'll get those.

Gears 3 and Skyrim are what I have preorders on currently. It seems inevitable that I'll get Arkham City, NBA 2K12 and Halo Anniversary.

Battlefield is also a possibility.

Bah, fuck this season.

I've got FM12, Uncharted 3 and Assassins Creed Revelations on pre-order. Will probably also ask for the MGS HD Collection for Christmas or something.

I know for a fact that even these will be too many games for me to get through, simply because my game-playing time has shrunk immensely since my student days. I've got both LA Noire and Mass Effect 2 to play at the moment and I'm lucky if I get 6 hours a week in total to play them. This is not sufficient time to get them out of the way before the new games hit in early November, that's for certain!

I'll be picking up Batman for my younger brothers birthday on release day so I'll play that when he's done with it. My other brother usually gets the WWE game around November but my interest in that series wanes every year. Again with MW3. My brother will play it into the ground for a month on release then I'll get bored of it a week or so after he's done with it.

Games I'll actually get for myself; Uncharted 3 is a certainty, although maybe not till later in the year. ME3 too next year, very hyped for that in terms of the story. I also think I should pick up Deus Ex based on the favourable reviews and my good experiences with the first two. Skyrim I'm on the fence about. I've got the game of the year edition of Oblivion, but never got past the first hour or so. The InFamous duo are also on my to play list over winter. I have no interest in GoW3.

Edited by ferencpuskas

Gears, maybe.

MW3, probably.

Battlefield, most definitely.

Mass, without a shadow of a doubt.

FM, definitely.

Pro Evo, probably.

Arkham City, at some point.

X-Men Destiny, I was very excited, early reviews don't paint a good picture so we'll see.

Dead Island & Dues Ex I need to pick up and play at some point.

Just ordered Deus Ex, and am going to buy (though over time and not all at once) ICO HD Collection, Arkham City, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Skyrim and the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

Other than L.A Noire and Pokemon White i don't think i've bought any other games this year, rest of the year seems to change that a lot.

Batman Arkham City i have already pre-ordered.

X-Men Destiny or Spider-Man: Edge Of Time, i'm going to wait for the release to see what kind of reviews they get before deciding which one.

WWE '12

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

I'm kind of tempted to buy the MGS HD Collection, it's been years since i've played those.

I was going to buy Catherine, but they delayed the european release to next year. <_<

The list for games early next year looks prettty good:

SSX

Catherine

Max Payne 3

Mass Effect 3

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Edited by The Sandman

Luckily the Fall doesnt seem as bad for games for me. Months ago I had wanted to get all these games, but now Im only definitely getting one, most likely getting one if I have the money/can decide which version to get, and getting two to three once the price drops for them, so most likely late this year or early next year.

More people need to not get MW3 and instead get BF3 so I have more people to not play online with though :(

Summ, don't you work at Gamestation? If you're part of that Microsoft Expert Zone thing you can get Gears 3 cheaper. Like, 16 quid I think or as low as 7 if you've done enough 'courses' or what have you.

Luckily the Fall doesnt seem as bad for games for me. Months ago I had wanted to get all these games, but now Im only definitely getting one, most likely getting one if I have the money/can decide which version to get, and getting two to three once the price drops for them, so most likely late this year or early next year.

More people need to not get MW3 and instead get BF3 so I have more people to not play online with though :(

I would do that, but my experiences with Battlefield has always left me bored. The servers were laggy and I hate the class system, I'd so much rather just build my own loadout. And Battlefield kind of loses it's charm if you want to play on your own at any point.